Chapter 2-Cells

According to the sun, I woke up at about 7 AM.  I got up and immediately got packing.  I heard a growl from right behind my back.  I froze in terror. Slowly I started to stand up.  The wolf behind me continued to growl.  Hearing bone's crack behind me I took off running but it was no use I was soon surrounded.  Walking back I bumped into another male who quickly grabbed my arm.  Turning around I kneed him in no man's place.

One down eight more to go I thought. I started moving around knocking them out with a hand or foot they didn't see coming.   I stood triumphantly over their bodies breathing so heavily  I didn't hear another approach me from behind.

"Bam!" was all I heard before blacking out.

IN THE CELLS

I woke up in a cell-like place next to a couple other females.  My head was throbbing from where I had been hit.  At that moment, it dawned on me that I had had been captured.  I started formulating a fake identity.  My sisters told me that if I was ever captured create a new identity so no one will recognize me.  

"Wakey, Wakey!" one of the guards yelled.  "It's time for the mating parade!"  We all stood up and chains were put on each of us.  We walked upstairs and as I saw the sun I was temporarily blinded.  They ushered us onto a platform where all fifty Alpha's stood.   They only send the Alpha's each year because their wolfs can determine if you have a mate in their pack.  I said my name Zoe so I would be one of the last chosen.  It would also hopefully give me enough time to escape.

"Althea Celeste Rose" The guard yelled.  My face immediately paled.  The guards grabbed me roughly by my arms and pulled me center stage.  One by one they came up and smelled me and one by one they said I wasn't in their pack till there was one Alpha left.  I thought to myself that maybe I don't have a mate.  But that was wishful thinking.

Alpha Zachary the last alpha of the night walked up to me and said "So this is the female that has been causing my pack so much trouble.  To bad for you honey because you're my mate."  I stared him straight in the eye.  I was never going to submit to him.

"You know darling, staring an Alpha in the eye is challenging them, and I don't think you're strong enough to beat me," Zachary said chuckling at my defiance.

" I've been living in the woods for eight years,  I've evaded capture more times than I can count,  I outsmarted every warrior you sent my way.  So don't you dare question my strength Mr. Alpha."  I said mocking him. I added the Alpha to the end just to piss him off.  Judging by his growling I would say it worked.

He grabbed me and put me in an awaiting car before getting in the driver's seat.  The South Carolina pack had hosted the Mating Parade this time so it was a short drive down to Georgia.  On arrival, I saw one of the biggest houses I had ever seen but I refused to show him I was impressed.

"So Althea,  I'll have my Beta's, Gamma's mates show you around.  Their names are Athena and Artemis." He said continuing to walk towards the house. "Artemis, Athena! I want you to meet the new Luna!" He yelled.  They came running out and as soon as they saw me they ran up and gave me a giant group hug.  From behind me, I could hear Zach growling.

"Oh Shut up Zach! Last time I checked my older sisters are allowed to hug me." I said to him.  He immediately stopped growling and was replaced with a look of confusion.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you about Althea, Alpha we didn't want her to get caught," Artemis said bowing her head in submission.