Chapter 5 - Zachary's POV

"Where was she?!" I growled in my head.  Althea had been missing for days.  We lost her scent at a lake, I'm assuming she was smart enough too get in the lake and hide her scent.  She is a really smart mate but she is really pissing me off. Am I really that repulsive?!!  What did I do to her to make her run!?!  How could I have been stupid enough to leave her alone! How could she be stupid enough to run away?! She is reckless and arrogant and Intelligent and beautiful and funny. No! I yelled at myself.  I'm supposed to be mad at her not admiring her!

My beta Calum approached me saying "Alpha, The men have been non-stop looking but there is no sign of her.  Do you think maybe one of the other packs caught her?  Or that she died." I grabbed him by the neck and picked him up into the air.

"SHE IS NOT DEAD!!" I yelled at him.  His face was turning purple as he was clawing to get out of my grip. He nodded his head in submission before running off.  I was fuming. My mate was not dead! I was about to shift so I ran into the woods before striping and taking off.  The only thing that would calm me down was Althea, I needed to find her now. Why couldn't she be one of those girls who were too scared of me to disobey a command I gave them.  My wolf was pissed as well.  His mate was unmarked and unmated and was running around America.

This fury filled my wolf as he took full control pushing me to the furthermost corner of my mind. I sat by as he ran faster and faster till we reached the lake Althea had gone missing.  I had a feeling there was something important about this lake. It was a beautify lake but behind the waterfall was solid rock, so that wasn't an option to hide.  So where did she go?!  This was quickly pissing me off.  I just wanted my mate back.  My wolf was howling inside of my head for her.

Then when I had cooled my mind off. I realized this probably where she went for water.  Eventually, she would have to come back and get water.  I would be waiting here for her till she returned.  I don't even know why I thought she would come back but something inside of me said she would.