Chapter 15 - Running

Leona and I became friends of a sort.  We had put a plan into action, she was going to help me escape.  We started by going to the mall, that's when it happened.  Leona fainted and when she did I ran.

I ran out of the mall into the forest and I could hear footsteps behind me, I turned my head and saw a wolf chasing me.  Tree branches scrapped my bare arms, blood seeped throughout my shirt as the brambles pierced my skin.  My breath was loud and fast as my legs burned from running.  The wolf had disappeared but I was still running.  I wasn't risking my freedom for a wolf I couldn't see.  

I wasn't watching were I was running because the next thing I know is I'm lying face first on the dirt, my legs propped against something.

I felt moving under my legs and  rushed to get up.  There right in front of me was a little girl.  She was small, maybe 5 or so.  Too young to be left alone. "Where's your mommy?" I asked her.

"Gone" she said.

"Okay, What's your name?" I asked

"Lucy. Can I come with you?" she asked, her eyes were full of hope, her hands gripped each other as if in prayer.

"Of course" I said.  Her hand found mine as we walked away together. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this is so short. I had no clue where to continue from. Comment any ideas you have.