Chapter 6 - How best to evade capture

ALTHEA'S POV

I've been hiding in this cave for two weeks and I'm running out of food to eat.  I can't exactly stroll on out of here because there is a wolf watching this lake like a hawk so, how best to evade capture?  By exiting opposite of him.  My scent would be ruined by the water and I could get away stealthily.  But I have to keep in mind that they have better hearing than us.   

I start to pack up my very limited supplies into my waterproof backpack.  I only packed the necessities aka flashlight, food, water, clothes, bathroom products, and a spare pair of shoes.  How this all fits into my small bag amazes me but I will take what I can get.  Looking at the rapidly falling sun I decided to wait until dawn when the wolf would be at it's least aware.  I closed my eyes laying my head on my bag and fell into a light sleep preparing myself for the long journey ahead.

DAWN

It was now or never.  I jumped into the whole, my once warm body now shivering from the sudden coldness of the lake water.  I dived deep following the twists and turns of the cave into the lake.  I reached the edge of the lake got out and started to run for my life.  My wet clothes were freezing on my back.  The wind whipped through my hair as I heard padded steps come closer and closer.  I dodged between trees and lept over boulders and crossed streams.  All with this wolf never faulting in its steps behind me.  My heart was beating out of my chest.  I had been running for too long, my body was almost out of fuel but the adrenaline kept me going.  I knew if I stopped it was goodbye freedom and hello cage.

I stopped for a second to catch my breath.  The once noisy forest now dead silent.  Slowly I turned around to see a human, Zachary.  "I'm surprised you managed to outrun me for that long." He said smirking, "But you're caught now baby doll."

He walked closer backing me against a tree.  My heart was pounding out of my chest.  I had heard horror stories of what males will do to the females that run away from them.

"I am not your baby doll," I said. Dammit! If I wasn't in trouble then I certainly was now."Now baby doll, I would behave if I were you." He whispered in my ear.

"I HATE YOU!!" I yelled back in his ear.

"There's a fine line between love and hate baby doll." He gritted out.

"Yes, that's the only fine line I'm not walking on." I retorted.  This was getting fun.  He growled and my face paled.  This might have been fun but I was only human.  And humans cannot beat a werewolf in a fight.

A/N

Extra update!!! I'm sorry for being so late on my last chapter I thought I would give you another update before I update again on Monday. Please:

Vote!

Share!

Comment!