Chapter 9 - The White Tulip

Chapter 9

My alarm pulls me out of a deep slumber. I groan and slap it, turning off the buzzer. A few seconds later, Wilbur comes into my room and pulls away the curtains, blinding me with the sunlight.

"Wakey, wakey," He chuckles as I pull the blankets over my head, "Stop being childish and go get ready for class. Chase will be here in a bit to pick you up."

Chase?! I throw the blankets off me and race around my room to get ready. After a while, I come out of my bathroom, still in the process of brushing my teeth, and go to put my flip flops on. By the hallway, leaning on the door frame is Chase, with his signature smirk.

"How you doing there Jessie?" He laughs.

I glare at him and go back into the bathroom. I finish brushing my teeth, comb through my hair one last time, and leave the room. Chase is still leaning on the frame.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because it's fun to annoy you," He chuckles. I give him a small shove as I pass him by.

"Bye, Wilbur!" I yell, grabbing my backpack as I head out the door.

"Your chariot awaits," Chase smirks as he walks up to a blue and black sports bike.

"Please obey the speed limits..." I sigh as I put on a helmet.

"Only when the sun's out," He winks and puts his own helmet on. "Hold on!"

The bike roars to life as I cling to his waist. I could get used to this. I smile as I watch the world go by. It falters a bit when we pass Jaz's shop. I'll visit her later after class. As we pull up to the campus, I see Abby and her posse outside the English building. Crap, she's not going to like this... There is a parking spot open near them, and Chase slowly pulls into it. Double crap. Maybe she won't notice. I mean, she does have her own guy, right?

"Thanks for the ride, Chase," I hand him the helmet, and he locks them to the bike.

"No problemo, partner," He smirks again and walks towards the building. I smile and follow him when one of Abby's friends cuts in front of me.

"Excuse me..." I turn to go around her to see Abby in my way.

"What the hell are you doing with my boyfriend?" She sneers.

"First off, he broke up with you. Second, what happened to that progress you were making with being nice? Let's start again." I clear my throat. "Hi, Abby, how are you today?"

"Pretty pissed off at you."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... I think I can solve that problem by going to class, so if you'll excuse me-"

"We're not done here, Frost."

"I am." I turn away. "See ya."

One of them yanks me back, "I've had enough of your games. I was fine with you talking with him for a moment but taking him away from me... that is way over the line in my book."

I try to bite my lip, but a small laugh escapes my mouth.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing... nothing at all..."

"I know you laughed."

"You really want to know, Abby?"

"No, I don't."

"Oh, then if I can just go to my class-"

"I was being sarcastic," Abby snaps through her teeth. I keep waiting for her to start foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.