32. Work vs Love

So much for a date night! Patricia huffed in her seat. Why did Spike think it will be nice to leave for Combodia just a week before the premiere? She clicked on the last scene and asked Cooper, the editing director to fix it. The editing took her over nine hours to do with Cooper. This was Spike's job. She drank her coffee which was keeping her awake at 3 A.M at night. Her plan for a great date night got ruined. Mads didn't really say her anything but he was looking forward to meet her. She sighed and looked over the final draft again before setting the tiny details in place. Cooper was working on the third trailer of the movie due to be released tomorrow. 

"It looks good. Anything else left?" Patricia asked.

"Just the end credits, I will fix that tomorrow. You should go home," Cooper insisted. "Where are you living in L.A?" He asked.

Patricia honestly didn't know where to live in L.A. She could live with Mads and she knew Mads was looking for a nice estate here and so was Patricia. She called Mads but he wasn't picking up. Probably asleep. She sighed.

"I will have to book in a hotel," Patricia replied.

"You can stay with me and my fiance, you know," Cooper pointed.

"It's fine, I don't want to be a trouble," Patricia smiled.

"It's not a problem at all," Cooper smiled back.

Patricia picked her bag and walked to his car. He drove to a building and parked his car. He opened the door and turned the lights on.

"Welcome home, I guess," Cooper joked.

He walked her to the guest room and then went in his own room. Patricia fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. The next morning, she woke up to fifteen calls from Mads. Oh shit. 

"Hey babe, I am sorry I was sleeping," Patricia said yawning.

"I was so worried. Where are you staying?" Mads asked.

"Uh, at my editing director's place. I will get out in a few," Patricia replied, not sure how he would react to the news.

"Is he alone?" He asked, his voice sounded unpleased.

"No, no! He lives with his fiance," Patricia replied.

"Should I come pick you up?" He asked.

"It's fine. I'll get out on my own," Patricia answered.

Mads hung up the phone for her the freshen up. She washed her face and walked out to find Cooper and another man. Cooper introducer her to his fiance, Jamie. 

"Nice to meet you," Patricia smiled.

"I made you breakfast," Jamie handed her a plate with bacon and eggs.

She thanked him and ate the breakfast. Cooper informed that Jamie was an art director for Universal Studios. Patricia asked him about his wedding date and Cooper happily said that it was a month later. 

"You should definitely come," Cooper invited.

Patricia laughed and nodded. After the breakfast, she headed out to meet Mads who was waiting for her at his new estate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQleKgLoq7Y&list=PLro9RCObSpZWhjaKxFYcFglYlpnndXTXS) and Patricia as usual was awestruck by his taste in architecture.

"I love this so much," Patricia said.

"I also found you a nice place that you'll love," Mads kissed her.

After the house tour was over, he drove her to the place where he wanted her to live. It was close to his home and because Patricia was going to be in L.A more now, it was important for her to find a place (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWUmy1Tnhrw&t=219s). Patricia fell in love with the beauty. Without a thought, the deal was signed and now this new gorgeous architecture was hers. Undoubtedly, big mansions gave you the peace of luxury but it does get lonely at times. She didn't have many friends to call over to her house but she knew many people.

"I was thinking of doing a house warming party," Patricia informed while handing him coffee.

"You could do that. You can meet many people as well. It's good for the reputation," Mads replied. "I also think that you should get yourself a PR and a manager," he added.

"You know, you're right. I can help you get a new assistant as well," Patricia smiled.

Mads nodded. He handed her a card for Eileen Koch PR Agency. He insisted her to call here and talk to them about the PR and the manager as well.

"You should talk to them soon," Mads said before kissing her forehead and heading back to work.

Patricia was now sitting alone in her kitchen. The place was bigger than she had thought so she needed to do some shopping for her clothes and everything else. Mainting the life was harder than she initially apprehended it to be.

"Hello, this is Eileen Koch Agency, how may I help you?" a man from the other side spoke.

"Hi, I am Patricia Blanco and I was looking for a PR agent, a manager and-" she was cut off.

"Ms. Blanco, it's such an honor to speak to you. I think I know what you want, would you please give me your email address? I will send in all the best possibilities to you," the man said.

"Uh," Patricia paused and then replied.

"Great! If you'd be patient for half an hour, and we can send in the names and profiles," the man said with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, sure!" She hung up.

She sighed. Only if she had someone to help her with this, suddenly, she thought of Scarlett. The over enthusiastic woman who made her feel at home. She scrolled down her contacts and pressed on 'Scarlett Johannson'. 

"Oh hello, Patricia! Haven't talked in a while. What's up? By the way, congrats on the movie!" Scarlett's voice went high.

"Thank you so much! I have been coping up with the new life, to be honest. Could you come by if you're not busy that is?" Patricia requested.

"Give me the address. I just got off shooting of Avengers so I am free all day," Scarlett replied.

"Thanks! I'm texting you the address," Patricia hung up.

She texted her and then walked to her office where she put her laptop down and waited for the email to come. In a while, Scarlett showed up and she showed her around. Scarlett was awestruck to see the house. The emails came in after a bit. The two started going through the profiles and they finally fixed two managers, two PR managers, two fashion stylists and two hairstylists to interview. Patricia sent back an email with the names and dates to meet the people. Scarlett insisted on going on shopping with her and then help her with dinner. By the end of the day, things were right in place and they were making dinner. .

"How are you doing with the custody?" Patricia asked while sipping on her wine.

"Well, Rose stays with me more than often and we came to an agreement that six months she will live with me and the next six months with her father. It's July now, so after August, she will be back with me," Scarlett replied. 

"Are you seeing anyone though?" Patricia asked.

"No, no! I am too busy with my work and honestly, both with Ryan and Romain, my work was one of the main reason for the divorce. I don't want to go through that again," Scarlett replied.

"Of course," Patricia paused. "Do you think work causes rifts between couples?" she asked.

"For me, it did. It doesn't need to be with everyone," Scarlett answered. "Look, I know you're starting your work and Mads already an established actor. You'll meet each other less but doesn't necessarily mean you'll have trouble," she added.

Patricia smiled and nodded. She had to be patient. They have been together for almost a year now. Also, they both are passionate about their work. It's important they they both supported each other through thick and thin. After dinner was made, Patricia and Scarlett had dinner together and Mads joined them soon.

"The date didn't happen but I like this too," Mads chuckled.

"Yeah, it's nice to stay home," Patricia replied.

"So, update me," Mads said.

Both Patricia and Scarlett updated him on the work and Mads insisted to help as much as possible. Life was getting calmer, she was finally get a hold of it.