01

—

LUCAS SMIRKED, his lips on the neck of the most popular girl in school. breathing heavily, she slightly moaned out his name. but before anything could go any further, lucas pulled away, he looked at the girl with eyes filled with lust, "we can't do this here," he whispered into her ear, kissing it gently.

as if on cue, the classroom door slammed open, lucas and the girl gasped in shock.

/ 🌻 /
[ — c.nari ]

"ah, i'll see you later, then!" i bid one of my best friend goodbye, mark. he sheepishly grinned and ruffled my hair before running away for his next lesson.

jihoon wrapped his arm around my shoulder, we head back into class. my hands on the doorknob, i slowly open the door. before anything could happen, i heard jihoon gasping and then covering my eyes with his hands.

"holy shit!" jihoon gasped. i pursed my lips, hands on his', "what's with the eye covering, park jihoon," i sternly commented, trying to get my sight back. jihoon shrugged, he placed his hands down.

my eyes immediately fell at the sight of a boy with the most popular girl in school, ha yerim. squinting my eyes, turns out the boy was lucas. damnit.

"what are you staring at, huh?" lucas turned his gaze at me, his eyes staring deep into my soul, fists clenched, like as if he was ready to punch me any second. jihoon raised his eyebrow, he quickly interlocked his hands with mine, pulling me behind him.

"dont talk to her like that," jihoon sternly remarked, walking closer to lucas. the boy smirked, looking away and then back at jihoon again. "me? i think i'm the king of this stupid school, park," he scoffed, biting the inside of his cheek.

jihoon grinned, he stepped closer, eyes deep into each other's souls, he said — "you're nothing, yukhei," then coming back to me. my eyes were widened the entire time, it was like as if i was watching a movie live right here.

the thing is, jihoon and lucas was never the best of friends. no one knows the reason why, it's those type of "lol i dont even know why i hate him/her" type of relationship.

lucas was taken aback, he nodded his head, "this isnt over," he whispered over to jihoon before wrapping his arm around yerim's shoulder and walking out of the class.

i breathed out, i laughed, "you're nothing?! you suck," looking over at jihoon. "he was practically about to punch you! i had to protect my best friend," he pouted, clinging onto my arm.

i groaned, grossed out. "and oh my god! no one told me his real name was yukhei," i chuckled, looking out of the window of the class, carefully seeing if he was there. jihoon ruffled my hair, "the more you know, babe," he grinned, "ah, but dont call him that, he would kill you," he continued before walking back to his seat.

[ 🌞 ]

nari walked back home all alone after school because jihoon had something going on with the teachers and mark had calculus remedial.

the girl breathed in and breathed out, pouting because she was alone. kicking the stones on the sidewalk, she wished there was someone to walk back with her.

nari's gaze turned to a convenience store down the road, so she decided to walk over and buy herself a drink for the long walk.

in the store, the cashier behind the counter smiled at her and welcomed her for coming. nari bowed and smiled back, before walking to the back of the store and examine the choices of drinks that they sold.

something refreshing? nari thought to herself, she was in a dilemma. after a few minutes, she was caught in between milk tea or strawberry milk.

nari frowned, scratched her head. if jihoon was there, he wouldve already chose for nari a drink. if mark was there, he wouldve play a game of eeny, meeny, miny, moe and picked out something.

she stood in front of the refrigerated door for a few minutes before she saw someone's hand on the handle of the door, the same refrigerated door she was staring at.

nari quickly turned and apologized, looking down, repeatedly saying, "oh sorry, sorry for blocking the door for you, sir," scared to look into the man's eyes.

but all of her fear soon disappeared when she heard a chuckle. the same chuckle she heard in the classroom earlier that day. she slowly looked up and her eyes met the boy that she caught kissing the stupid popular girl, lucas.

"you?! what the hell are you laughing at?" nari scoffed, stepping back a little, lowkey terrified. lucas took another look at nari before licking his lips. "it's cute how you cant choose between two stupid drinks," his eyes formed a straight line when he laughed.

nari gasped, "they're not stupid, you fool!" she folded her arms together, she directed her gaze away from the boy standing in front of her. lucas giggled, opening the door, he picked out three drinks, two of which nari had difficulty choosing and one of a green tea bottle.

the girl was confused as to his actions. lucas carried three bottles in his hands and then dragged nari by the hem of her uniform and led her to the cashier. "w-what are you doing?" nari asked, looking at him.

the cashier packed everything in a bag and thanked the both of them. lucas walked out of the store, expecting nari to follow him out, so she did.

standing under the hot sun together, lucas squinted his eyes before pulling her into the shade. the boy took out the green tea bottle and handed the bag to nari.

he opened the cap perfectly and chugged down one fourth of the bottle. nari, with the bag in her hands, just looked at him in confusion. "why are you making me carry these?" she groaned.

lucas shook his head, then smirking at her. "those arent for me," he said. nari just shut herself up. "those are for you," he continued. her eyes widened, what the hell? she thought to herself.

"you were caught in between two, werent you? so i made your life easier and bought you both," lucas sheepishly smiled at the girl. nari's jaw dropped, was she seeing correctly?

the boy that was just fighting with her best friend, the boy who just claimed himself as the king of the school, actually being nice to someone like her?

"although in my opinion, i think strawberry milk wouldve been better," he chuckled lightly, before ruffling her hair and then walking away, leaving her alone.

nari was terrified of him but she eventually gathered all the might in her and yelled out — "lucas!". he turned around, hands in his pockets, "thank you," she muttered. the boy smiled to himself, nodded his head and then continued walking.