02

—

NARI WALKED along the hallway with mark, towards her locker. another day in school, another day she felt like dying. forever feeling sick and tired seeing the same faces and breathing the same polluted air.

she sighed, holding her books up to her chest weakly because they were too heavy. as cliche as it sounds, nari felt a tingle going through the back of her spine, she sensed something was going to happen.

anxious, she looked up from the floor and met eyes with a boy — lucas. her eyes widened, she felt her heart skipping eight beats at once, she immediately looked away.

lucas, on the other hand, when he saw her, he grinned to himself. when they walked past each other, he purposely touched hands with her to let her know that he acknowledged her presence.

nari saw their hands touched, she rolled her eyes. ever since yesterday's incident, she couldnt really see lucas the same way again. should she see him as a cold hearted bad boy? or should she see him as a soft and a kind boy?

she was confused, but it wasnt like as if they were friends. it wasnt like as if they had something going on and they need to talk. so nari decided that that was just a one time thing; stumbling upon him and talking to him. other than that, she shall ignore his presence and let him continue to be the jerk of the school.

mark walked nari to her locker. he glanced over at the girl who was frowning the entire time. "you okay?" he asked, nari looked into mark's eyes, she nodded, "of course im okay," she reassured her best friend.

"jihoon wont be coming today, his mom said he overslept," mark chuckled softly as he talked, realizing how stupid jihoon was. nari nodded. "and i have consultation with mrs ang, so i wont be joining you today during lunch," mark pouted, ruffling her hair after.

nari rolled her eyes, pouting, she closed her locker shut. "i can take care of myself, mark," she groaned, weakly punching him on the chest before walking away for her upcoming class.

mark smiled to himself as he looked at the girl walking further away from him. "love you too, nari!" he yelled across the hall, purposely to make her feel embarrassed, she sure as hell did.

/🌿/

[ c.nari ]

"students, we have a new transfer student!" mr tae, walked infront of the class and announced loudly for the class to hear. i leaned back on my chair. there was always a new transfer student coming in every damn year, it's an annual thing.

without hesitation, the door slammed open, the new boy had his eyes widened at the sudden action. he sheepishly smiled and then apologized profusely, "oh shit! sorry for that," he would say and the bow.

"uh, well shit, off to a bad start — my name is choi hyunsuk, i just moved here from daegu," he bowed and then his eyes formed a perfect line. most of the girls were practically drooling, i just wanted lunch to come by fast.