07

NARI GROANED in frustration as she hastily walked through the school hallway

NARI GROANED in frustration as she hastily walked through the school hallway. math was about to start in another 10 minutes and her textbook was gone. she was hoping that it would be sitting in her locker.

she was supposed to meet mark and jihoon for school but she woke up late, so she told them that she'd meet them in school.

her fingers hastily turning the knob of the locker, putting in the right combination, she opened it up and not only was her math textbook greeting her, a gigantic plush toy was too.

a small post it note fell the moment she opened her locker. it was pink in colour. she looked around to see if anybody was looking. hoping that if there was, the person looking wouldve been the one who sent it to her.

it was a plush toy of the cat from the japanese anime kiki delivery service. she remembered that she mentioned how she found the cat, jiji, cute to lucas the night before while they were walking around at the carnival.

nari opened the note and smiled to herself. "while you were at the bathroom i actually tried to win this for you and guess what? i did. its for you. thank you for the amazing time yesterday, call me? — lucas"

she was practically like a fool. "so who's that from?" jihoon came out from beside her. nari burst herself out of the bubble and panicked. she threw the note into her locker and slammed the locker door shut and acted like as if it was a normal thing to do.

jihoon raised an eyebrow in suspicion and smirked to himself. "a love letter?" he questioned, his voice deep and husky. nari shrugged, "i dont know, you tell me. i, uh, got to get to math class, bye," she bluntly said before quickly walking to class alone.

jihoon just looked at her walking to class. he knew something was up, but he didnt want to say. maybe he should talk to mark about it. he's close to nari, he could probably find out what nari is hiding.

nari stared at the board. the teacher thinks she's thinking of a solution for the math problem but in reality she's thinking about something else. in fact — someone else.

wong yukhei.

in fact, the moment she woke up from her deep slumber, she promised herself not to think of him. but how could she when the sound of his voice and laughter was practically filling up the room at the moment.

luckily she was sitting at the front, meanwhile the boy was sitting at the back, obviously not paying attention to the class and laughing along with his other friends.

"cas! what did you do yesterday night?" one of his friends asked lucas. they were talking so loud, it felt like as if they were telling the whole entire class about their plans.

nari's heart skipped beat. lucas's eyes shifted from one corner to another. he took a small glimpse at nari. he nervously laughed. "uh — homework," he answered the question before running his fingers through his fluffy hair.