11

—

TWO DAYS after the dramatic incident, mark and jihoon decided to tell nari the truth. but it was very hard to do that because all she has been doing is locking herself in the room, crying her eyes out.

"are you sure this is a good idea?" jihoon asked. mark groaned and then he pushes jihoon into the room. nari quickly wiped her tears away. before the two boys can do anything, nari ran up to mark and hugged him tight. she cried in his embrace.

mark held her tight. so tight. he knew that after what he's going to say to her, she may never forgive him ever again. and it would be hard to gain her trust again. so damn hard. "we have something to tell you-" before mark could even finish his sentence.

nari interrupted him, "i shouldve listened to you both, he was bad for me, and i was so stupid to ever trust him," she cried out loudly. mark looked at jihoon with puppy eyes. jihoon knew it was hard for mark to admit his mistakes, so he helped him out.

"nari, we were the ones who planned everything," jihoon blurted out. nari stopped crying, she stepped back from the two of them, expecting more explanation. "we planned everything. we made yerim kiss lucas in front of the whole school," jihoon admitted.

nari didnt even budge, she didnt know how to react. especially it was coming from her best friends, ones that she trusted the most. "why did you do that?" she asked, looking at mark. he couldnt bring himself to explain why he did that.

if he did, he would have to admit that he liked her. but i guess it was time to say it, right? "i like you, chae nari," mark confessed his feelings. nari just raised her eyebrow, and then laughed. not sarcastically. mark and jihoon looked at each other.

"its true, i guess i got jealous when lucas had you," mark admitted. nari felt anger but she understood where he was coming from. "for your information, i really liked that guy, and what you did really hurt me, and i should be angry with you right now," nari exclaimed.

"but what you did also made me realize lucas would never change for someone," she continued. jihoon jumped up and down, "does that mean we can forget this ever happened?" he excitedly said. "yes, but before that," nari stopped in the middle of her sentence.

she punched mark right in the stomach. mark groaned in pain and fell to the floor. nari smiled to herself. "i deserved that," mark winced in pain. "now we can do a group hug!" nari laughed before hugging jihoon and jumped up and down with him.

the three of them were just happy that they had resolved their problems, it was easier than both of them thought. maybe what they did was the right thing after all.