A New Acquaintance

*****

"Name?" the male desk clerk asks you in a monotone voice. He has dirty blonde hair and pretty pale skin, and a pair of black rimmed glasses sit on his cute nose. He looks as if he is about to fall asleep any second. The name tag pinned to his shirt reads "Yoongi"

"Kim Y/N" you reply nervously.

"Ah, I see, the new employee. I believe Mr Jung will be here any minute to show you where you will be working. Please, feel free to take a seat while you wait for him," he nods his head idly toward the immaculate white couch up against the wall on your right. You thank him quietly. Closing his eyes and resting his head and arms on the desk, the man resumes the position he was in before you interrupted him on your arrival.

You walk over to the pristine white couch, almost hesitant to sit on it and risk dislodging the neatly placed cushions. Sighing, you gingerly sit down and fiddle with the strap of your handbag, palms sweating and heart beating fast. A few moments later, you look up as you sense an energetic figure bustling into the reception. You blink a couple of times as your eyes settle on a dazzling smile, teeth perfect and bright enough to bring back this morning's headache.

"It's Y/N, right? I'm Mr Jung, but you can call me Hoseok. I'm here to show you around a little and introduce you to the people you'll be working with. Follow me!" He shoots you another pleasant smile, flashing those white teeth again as he turns on his heel and walks back through the door he entered from. You get up and follow Hoseok, walking quickly to keep up with his long, lively strides.

Your eyes widen in awe as you take in your surroundings. The room is big and bright with a high ceiling. Dozens of desks line the walls, each separated by a partition so each worker had their own workspace. Every desk has the latest JJK PC set up and a touchscreen notice board on the wall in front. Everything looks so sleek and modern that you start to feel as if you have just stepped ten years into the future. Your tour guide sees your awed expression and smiles softly to himself as if he's seen this reaction many times before. As he walks by, some of the employees stop what they are doing to give him a friendly smile. It was apparent that he is liked by all here, and with his seemingly fun and bubbly personality, you can see why. At last, he slows down slightly and stops in front of a large elevator.

"Your desk will be on the fifth floor. Oh, and don't worry, the fifth floor is just as fancy as this one," the elevator doors open, and he yanks you inside, causing you to gasp and almost drop your briefcase.

"Whoops, sorry about that. The elevator doors tend to close quite quickly after opening. No one knows why, that's just how they are. Make a mental note, otherwise, you'll be left standing here forever and a day!" he rambles. As you try to keep up with everything that he's saying, you sigh internally. This is going to be a long day.

*****

"So this is where you will be working, for now, Y/N" Hoseok motions towards a desk identical to all the others. "Feel free to add a personal touch to it, any ornaments, keepsakes, photographs on your desk, whatever you like. If you ever need any help or you have any questions, feel free to visit me in my office," He finishes, nodding his head in the direction of the said office. You are grateful for how helpful he has been, for you don't know how you would have found your way without him.

"Thanks a lot, Hoseok," you grin. With that, he turns and leaves you to get to work.

Just as you set your bag down on the desk and go to unpack your things, you feel a light tap on your right shoulder. You turn around, and all of a sudden your eyes are met with the most adorable eye smile you have ever seen. The man standing in front of you has a pair of round-rimmed glasses perched on his nose. He runs a hand through his dyed red hair and lets his adorable grin fall. Instead, his lip quirks up slightly into a little smirk. He removes his glasses and holds out his hand to you.

"The names Park Jimin," are the words which fall from his plump lips like pure silk. You raise your eyebrows in surprise at his sudden approach, but you shake his hand nonetheless. You're starting to like him already; this guy seems fun, charming and yet cute at the same time. He stands a little shorter than Hoseok but still towers above your small frame.

"I'm Kim Y/N, it's nice to meet you. As you can probably see I'm new here," you chuckle nervously. He gifted your eyes with his eye smile again, this time showing his perfectly straight teeth. It's making you wonder: Do they provide free orthodontics to their employees at this company or something?

"I know that, I can tell by how normal you look. If you'd been here any longer than a day, you wouldn't have a shred of sanity left. This place is a total nuthouse,"

You widen your eyes at this. Jimin laughs at your shocked expression and shakes his head a little.

"I'm just kidding Y/N. I'm sure you'll settle in just fine, and even start to enjoy working here. I work at this desk right next to you, so I guess I can show you the ropes if you'd like?"

You realize that this would actually be of great help, as you were feeling a little nervous about the work you had been given. You nod and smile at the flame-haired man, and the two of you set to work.

*****