Fired

*****

You stare deeply into the froth on top of your café latte. Jungkook and Taehyung are deep in conversation, but you don't join in. Still waiting on Minji's arrival, the three of you had decided to just order hot beverages until she gets here. Jungkook ordered a caramel macchiato, something you've noticed Jimin will order every time you go to the café together after work.

You can't stop dwelling on the fact that Jungkook used to be so close with Jimin and Hoseok. You can see that he really blames himself for the two older men treating him like a stranger.

Letting out a sigh, you stir your drink restlessly, deciding then and there that you will make it your mission to rekindle their friendship. Not just because you think it will make Jungkook a better person and want to quit his habits for the sake of maintaining his friendship, but also for Hoseok and Jimin's sake too. Getting rid of those negative vibes will do everybody a favour.

Just then, you notice your brother look behind you towards the café's entrance, his attention being drawn away from the conversation. Looking over your shoulder, you grin when you see the nervous figure of your best friend. She slowly approaches the table.

"Y/N, can I talk to you outside for just a second?" she asks in a low voice, but there's a hint of desperation in it like she really needs to get something off of her chest. You nod and smile reassuringly, getting up out of your seat.

As both of you exit the shop, Minji pulls you aside so that you're standing clear of the doorway.

"Y/N, I'm so, so sorry for not telling you about the situation with your brother. I was just really scared that you'd get mad at me. But the truth is, I really, really like Taehyung," she confesses "And I think he might like me back. But he is your brother, and you're my best friend. It's going to be hard, but I will try to get over him if it's not okay with you,"

You simply stare at her with raised eyebrows, amused at how her words came out in one long stream of gibberish and surprised that you were even able to understand it. A pained expression crosses her pretty features while she waits for you to respond. You grin and slap her arm playfully.

"Minji, what are you talking about? Of course it's okay with me! You know how much I've wanted my brother to settle down and get a proper girlfriend instead of messing around with one night stands. You guys are perfect for each other and believe it or not, I'm actually really happy about this. Besides, you should know by now that I will always support you no matter what,"

Minji smiles at me gratefully before throwing her arms around me in a clumsy hug.

"I was worried you would say he would ditch me like he's done to all the other girls,"

"I thought about that when I first caught you together, but now I can see how much he likes you,"

"Thank you so much for not making a big deal out of it, you're the best," she squeezes you tightly, knocking all the breath out of you. When you wheeze a little and gasp for air she releases you quickly.

"Oops, sorry," she giggles, straightening your jacket sheepishly. You slap her hand away impatiently.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go get him, girl," you shove her towards the door. But just as she goes to enter it, Taehyung emerges.

"Minji, I'd just like to talk to you out here alone for a minute," he says confidently. Minji blushes and nods shyly. As you turn to leave, you send Taehyung a knowing smile and whisper in his ear "fighting" before retreating back into the café.