Lock Screen

*****

You sit with Jimin, Jin and Hoseok and wait for your order, the seconds ticking by as you wait for Jungkook and Yoongi to show up. You begin to feel nervous and slightly guilty; after all, there had to be a reason Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook hadn't just gotten over their differences and grown close again.

Your palms began to sweat, and the guilty feeling grew more intense as the seconds turned into minutes, knowing that they would step through that glass door any moment now. You didn't even know what to expect, and you had absolutely no idea how they would react. Would they even sit down at the table? You really didn't think this through properly.

And then time seems to slow down as you see the door being pushed open by two familiar, strong hands.
Jungkook walks in, followed by the sleepy receptionist.

Your stomach wrenches as his eyes meet yours, and then flicker towards the other people occupying the seats at your table. His jaw clenches and his dark pupils fix you with a hard gaze.

The shorter man by his side looks a little stunned by this turn of events, and he also sends you a piercing glare. You look away; this really wasn't a good idea. You start to feel ashamed for setting everyone up like this. Who were you kidding? of course they aren't going to come and sit down. How could you have been so stupid? They will most likely just turn around and walk right out of here.

But Jungkook sees your expression. It dawns on him what you are trying to do. His face softens as he contemplates how bad the uncomfortable situation you'd gotten him into really was. As much as he would rather not be in it, what's the worst that could happen apart from everything being really awkward?

He was trying to change his ways. And this could be one of the steps he needed to take in order to do so.

So that's how he ended up walking over to the table and planting himself into an empty seat, leaving a shocked Yoongi to stand and stare in utter disbelief.

He wasn't really sure why he did it. Maybe it was because he wanted to change. Maybe it was to make you happy. Or maybe he missed his friends. Perhaps it was a combination of all of these things, but whatever was running through Jungkook's head at that moment forced his feet into action. He intentionally put himself even deeper into the awkward situation he was about to encounter. Yoongi saw no other option than to go and sit down next to him. He was more or less still friendly with all of these men and had no problem with any of them, even though they weren't exactly as close as before. But it was the fact that Jungkook, who hadn't spoken to Jimin and Hoseok informally for years, was making the first move to fix their friendship that caught him off guard.

Since two extra people had all of a sudden sat down at their table, the men already sitting down looked up. All three looked shocked, and Jin looked warily between Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok. He knew just as well as Yoongi just how tense things had been between the three youngest as he was still close to everyone individually.

Truth be told, just recently all the boys had begun to hang out together separately, except obviously Jungkook only with Jin and Yoongi.

None of them were aware of how they had all become closer; it just happened without anyone really paying any attention to it. But even after all the time they worked at the company, Hoseok and Jimin just never re-bonded with Jungkook. They were not comfortable with his playboy ways of disrespecting women.

But ever since around the time you were employed, Jungkook had slowly changed. No one knew that it was in fact you that had prompted this change, but everyone had noticed it nonetheless. The number of girls Jungkook was hooking up with in his office had gradually dwindled over the days as he couldn't keep you off of his mind, and you had consumed his thoughts so much that by now he showed no interest in other girls whatsoever. Jimin and Hoseok had noticed this change too. Secretly, they were glad to see what used to be their younger brother maturing a little bit and taking that one step to becoming a better person.