The Office

A/N
So I'm going to continue on with COLOGNE because I'm actually kind of enjoying writing this and my close friend has prompted me to keep on writing. If you've got this far, thank you for reading.

Also, just to clear this up, I am not using the Korean age system in this story.

*****

Mr. Jeon pulls you down the hall and past several doors. Every time you pass an employee they shake their head and stare after you pityingly, as though you're a prisoner on death row being taken to the execution chamber. This makes you nervous, but at the same time determined to prove to everyone that you aren't going to be one of those girls that Jimin and Hoseok talked about. You aren't going to fall for the boss. Whilst being pulled down the corridor and staring at the back of his perfect hair, you try to convince yourself that he's not even that attractive.

You sigh internally. Okay, you can't deny that he's got looks. But you can see right through that charming facade, you see that he has no capability of actually considering the feelings of a woman and devoting himself to one person. With this in mind, you are content that you can control yourself. This should be easy, right?

You stop in front of a door right at the end of the corridor, mahogany with a small gold-plated plaque on the front. "JJK" is engraved into it in fancy lettering. The wheels turn in your head. JJK... Jeon Jungkook. You realise that he must not only be the boss of the main offices, but he must be the CEO of the entire company too. Wow. He doesn't look much older than you and he already owns one of Seoul's largest companies. It really makes you question your own capabilities.

You're ripped from your thoughts when you realise you're standing inside his office. The interior is big and spacious, with big filing cabinets pushed against the wall. To your surprise, you note that it is extremely pristine and well organised. Your first impression of Jungkook had been a lot of things; but you have to say you didn't take him for a neat freak.

He closes the door behind you and slowly walks over to his very large desk and sits in the big office chair behind it. You can't help but notice how his back muscles flex under his opaque white dress shirt as he walks to his seat. Why are you thinking these thoughts? You shake your head, slightly annoyed at yourself.

"Sit" he points to the chair opposite his desk. You tentatively sit down, eyeing your boss with weary eyes. He sees your face and grins innocently. He pulls out a file from his desk and opens it up, dark eyes scanning the document in amusement.

"Hmmm, Kim Y/N, 19 years of age," he hums thoughtfully. For reasons you can't quite explain, shivers run down your spine at the way he says your name. He looks over your information for a moment while you nervously play with your fingers which are resting in your lap.

"Well, Miss Kim, welcome to JJK. I hope your first day has run smoothly so far. Usually when I get a new employee, I like to play a little game to see what kind of person they are," he runs his tongue over his lip seductively.

You raise your eyebrows. A game? Surely you're not the first person to think that this is totally weird?

"20 questions," he spoke, grinning. You swallow nervously. Just what kind of questions is he planning to ask?

"You first," he prompts. You actually have many questions, but you are not sure what questions he deems appropriate. You want to be careful to not pry too far into his personal life, so you go for something simple.

"Uhhh... how old are you?"
He smirks. "I'm twenty years old"
Your eyes widen. He was even younger than you thought he was. Damn, he's only one year older than you.

Now it was his turn.
"So Y/N... are you single?"
You stare at him, your face flushing furiously. You can't believe that just a minute ago you were being cautious not to ask anything too private. This really isn't the kind of question you were expecting.
"Uhh... w-why?" You stutter.

He penetrates your mind with his intimidating gaze. "Just answer the question, Y/N. Those are the rules. Haven't you played this game before?"

You let out a small sigh. "Y-yes, I am," You lower your head in embarrassment.

Anyone would expect you to have had some clichè bad experience with a player to have gained your hatred towards the stereotype, but actually your dislike for disloyal males came from something else entirely. Growing up as a young teen, you were constantly watching your brother pick up girls, treat them like a princess for a week and then leave them in the dust. You've seen countless girls running out of the house crying after Taehyung ruthlessly broke up with them, or told them he was never looking for commitment and that they were just a one time thing. It saddened you to see your big brother become so insensitive to the feelings of the many naive girls that gave their hearts to him and worshipped the ground he walked on. You wished someone would come into his life and harness his affection, so you could see your reckless brother settle down once and for all.
This is why you thought so distastefully of your boss the second you realised his true personality and how he probably treated girls. In truth, you've never actually had a proper relationship of your own, or any for that matter. You aren't trying to boast, but actually in the past many males have tried to gain your attention. If you're being honest, you just have never really found the right person.
After the tinge of pink that had crept across your cheeks had fades a little, you look up at Mr. Jeon to see his reaction. But as soon as you do so, the blush comes right back again. The expression he is giving you makes you want to curl up and hide under the desk.
He is staring at you as if you are the last slice of cake, and he is in the mood for something sweet.

"Being single is nothing to be ashamed of Y/N," is all he says, eyes glinting with amusement at how bothered you become when he speaks to you.

"Your turn,"
Still slightly flustered by his confronting attitude, you wonder which of your many questions you should ask him next.

"How come you're the boss if you're so young?" He chuckles at this question, shaking his head lightly.
"All of your questions are so boring" he complains. You roll your eyes at his sudden childishness and he laughs, his gorgeous doe eyes twinkling. Still glaring at him, you motion for him to hurry up and answer your question.
"My Father was the original owner of this company. He named it after me, and when I turned eighteen it was handed down to me for me to run by myself" he shrugs like it's nothing. You have to admit you're pretty impressed that his Father deemed him suitable to run an entire company before he even reached the legal age of drinking, and put that kind of responsibility on him at such a young age. He must have had a lot of faith in him, and thought he was more than capable.

"Soo... moving on. Are you a virgin?" He says, throwing you another cheeky wink.
You choke on the air. Coughing and gasping for breath, You stare at your amused boss in disbelief.
"Isn't that a little... personal, Mr. Jeon?" You splutter, a little angry at this careless question. He observes your pissed off reaction in silence, head tilting to the side teasingly.
"You are aren't you," he chuckles, humming thoughtfully. You gape at him, outraged. At this very moment you have very little care for being polite because he was your boss. He's hardly returning your respect.

"Mr. Jeon, I really don't see how this is any of your concern," you say in an annoyed voice.

"Oh, but my dear Y/N, it most certainly is," he says in a teasing tone, leaning forward in his office chair so his face is mere inches from your own. You don't hesitate to move back. You have been warned of your boss' shenanigans and you aren't going to fall into his trap. You stand up, straightening your skirt indignantly.

"Well, thank you for your time Mr. Jeon, but I really must get back to work now," you say in a hurry, turning to make your way to the door as you heard his infuriatingly sexy chuckle from behind you. Just before your fingers grasp the cool metal of the door handle, it flings open to reveal a rather exasperated looking Hoseok.

*****

A/N
Woah, this chapter is really long haha sorry about that.
I'll be updating regularly. Chuck us a vote if you're enjoying the book so far, just to give me a sign that my story isn't a total bore xx