Hope For the Playboy

A/N

So the MV for Hoseok's "Airplane" dropped today and can i just say i love it so much and omg yes Hoseok you could kill an army with those visuals ;) okay that was a bad joke i'll just let you read now

******

"So, what happened? Anything interesting?" Hoseok asked casually, standing with his arms crossed next to your workstation. It was Thursday morning and you and your boss had arrived back from Busan yesterday afternoon. Even though Jungkook was no longer angry at you, there was still an element of fury left in the way we was acting today directed at the mystery man who had drugged him, one of which had not gone unnoticed by your co-workers.

You releas a deep sigh before letting out a sarcastic chuckle. "You don't even wanna know,"

Jimin wheels his office chair over to you and joins the conversation, listening in curiosity. "Try me," he pushes his cute round-rimmed glasses up his nose and leans in forward slightly.

"Ah, where to begin...' You briefly explain the entire ordeal of the boss' drink getting spiked and him ending up getting sick, and the way he was angry with you for not reacting fast enough to stop him from drinking it.

"Shit, that's kinda bad. Lucky you didn't get fired," Hoseok hums thoughtfully.

"It's not like it was your fault though," Jimin adds, comforting your guilty conscience.

Before a few moments have passed, Hoseok has to go back to his office.

Jimin is just about to wheel his office chair back to his own desk when you abruptly stop him.

"Jiminie?" you suddenly remember something you want to ask him.

"hmmm?" he says absentmindedly, brushing something off of his tie.

"Remember when I told you that Mr. Jeon told me his first name?"

Jimin turns back to face you, suddenly giving you his full attention. He narrows his eyes. "What about it?"

"Why did you seem so... surprised?" you ask, remembering the look of shock on his face.

He looks uncomfortable. "It's not important. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it," 

Now it's your turn to narrow your eyes at him. "Tell me anyway. I'm curious,"

He sighs. "Maybe he just doesn't go by this stupid little rule anymore... but i heard he once said he would only ever tell a girl his first name if he didn't plan on just letting her go like the rest.  I think it's like a kind of barrier he wants to keep between him and his hookups, like his way of telling her there are no strings attached?"

"So you're saying that telling a girl his first name is like a way of defining her from the rest?" You scoff in disbelief.

"That's just what i heard..."

"Hmmm sure," you say, your voice oozing with sarcasm. "Of course he has never mentioned his first name to any other girl he toyed around with,"

Jimin looks doubtful. "He really hasn't. Have you ever heard anyone else call him by his first name, ever?"

Now you think about it, no one ever has. It's always been "sir" or "Mr. Jeon". That girl at the party didn't greet him by his first name. Even Lee Hyuna addresses him as Mr. Jeon, which means she definitely doesn't know his first name otherwise she would have been sure to use it.

Even so, you still refuse to believe that Jungkook, who is clearly a player, sees you in that light. He only sees you as someone to tease with his flirting, an amusing game to see if he can make you flustered. Players can never settle down, right? But still, maybe you should ask Jungkook about this.

You just shake your head lightly at Jimin and try to push these thoughts to the back of your head.

"Well if anything you're saying turns out to be true, It's not like I would ever in a million years go for someone as arrogant as Jeon Jungkook,"

*****

Your boss didn't call you to his office at all throughout the day, so you assumed his forgiveness and current silence indicated you were still resuming your position as his personal assistant.

The day rolled by, and after an exhausting few hours of solid non-stop work, your shift was finally over. You pack up your things and wave goodbye to your colleagues, including Jin who is going to the café with Hoseok and Jimin. They invited you to come along too, but you feel too tired so you just decided to head home.

You pull up into the drive, the gravel crunching beneath the wheels the same way it does every day. You notice Minji's car parked next to Taehyung's. 

"Huh. What's she doing here? Maybe she came over to have dinner with us and is waiting for me to get home,"

Once you're inside the house, you place your keys and bag on the coffee table and go to look for Minji. She usually waits in your bedroom or in the living room. You pass the kitchen as you make your way to the living room, but a noise stops you from advancing any further. Minji must be in there, maybe you can make her jump. You backtrack a few steps and push open the kitchen door, bursting into the room.

"I'M HO-" You trail off in shock.

Because standing there right before you are Minji and Taehyung, their lips locked in a passionate kiss.

Wait, what the fuck?

They spring apart at the sound of your voice, blushing furiously. You gape at them both, opening and closing your mouth, trying to say something. But you're too shocked. Slowly, realization begins to dawn on you.

They'd always been kind of awkward around each other. But you'd noticed just lately it had been getting more intense. You suddenly flashback to your first day of work, when Tae had opened the door for your best friend. There was so much tension in the air that you couldn't explain... 

You can't believe you didn't pick up on it before. The whole time they must have liked each other.

You're speechless. At last, after an eternity of the three of you staring at each other awkwardly, it seems your best friend can't take the humiliating situation anymore.

"I-I think I should get going" Minji dashes out of the room, red-faced and head hanging low in shame.

You see the way your brother looks at Minji leaving the room, concern and worry on his face.

"I can explain," Taehyung starts. But to both Taehyung's and your own surprise, you find a soft smile appearing on your face.

"You don't need to explain anything to me, Tae. Goodnight," you give him a nod, and with that said you turn your back and retreat up the stairs.

As you prepare for bed, you feel surprisingly happy at the discovery of this blossoming romance between your brother and your best friend. You always wanted Taehyung to fall for someone, and you'd far sooner it be someone you trusted to treat him well, which is exactly what Minji is. 

As you drift off into a much-needed slumber, a tiny smile etches across your face. Could this mean your reckless brother is finally settling down?

But something else dawns upon you... does this also mean there really is hope for playboys after all?

*****

A/N

vote 'n comment x