Chapter 16

3rd Person's POV
Right now, everyone including Azriel were watching the past of Jack. The current memory they're seeing right now is when Jack was blamed for the death of Alice, Lacie and Glen.

Lilith was watching with tears welling up in her eyes, Vivaldi had a hand over her mouth, the brother? They just stared at the memory without flinching but inside they actually felt pity and bad for Jack. They never knew he had to go through such pain. They felt the same pain but watching it with their very eyes as Jack was blamed and shot by his own younger brother, the pain Jack's been through is much worse than theirs.

After the memory all they're seeing now is but a black endless void and somehow, they're seeing blood everywhere.

"Oh~I know this memory~ This is the best memory out of all the memories we just saw." Azriel said and they all turned to him.

"What kind of memory is this when his already dead?" Ayato asked and Azriel smirked.

"That's because this memory is his memory as a chain. Not a human." He responded and they all became silent.

"What......is this.....place?" They all saw Jack in the middle of the place and watched intently.

"Welcome. Jack Vessalius."

"Wha? Who's there?!"

"I am the Will of the Abyss, Jack Vessalius. And you my boy, are chosen by me, personally to be a chain."

"Chain?"

"Yes. A chain. I'm sure that you've heard of what chains are."

"I have. They're sinners of the world. They are the sinners that have committed sins that cannot be undone or purified even by God himself."

"Smart boy."

"But why me?"

"Why not you? You have the potential to be a chain. You have the power to be a strong chain, you're going to be a strong chain."