Chapter 24

Break's POV
While me, Laito and Cheshire we're enjoying ourselves with tea and some chat, the door suddenly became noisy and was shaking from the pressure of knocks the person was giving.

"Break!! Break!! Open the door this instance!!!"

"Ehh~ But Vivaldi-chan~ It isn't even locked~~?" There was a bit of silence before the door was opened and a glaring Vivaldi along with an amused Mikaela.

"I hate you Hatter."

"I'm flattered darling~ So. What did you need?" She and Mikaela looked at each other before nodding.

"We need you to form a contract." I just stared at them and blinked twice replaying the words in my mind before laughing at them.

"Ahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! Is that some kind of joke? If it is let me just say that it isn't interesting." I said and they had serious looks which made me frown as I turned my head to Laito.

"Ne Laito-kun~ Did you know about this~?" He turned to me with a hum and nodded.

"Yep! I did." I hummed before standing up and heard Cheshire land beside me.

"You all know about my disposition of having a standard to my contractor right? How are you going to do that if most of the possible contractor I can contract with are unacceptable to my standards." I said and they groaned.

"Break. What exactly is your standard for a contractor?" Mikaela asked and I hummed.

"Well~ One is that they can withstand my power which Laito-kun here already passed." He then tipped his fedora.

"Thank you~~"

"As for the rest of the standards is that they can fight and defend themselves when we are apart. They have to have the potential of learning a bit of sorcery."

"Sorcery?"

"Magic Laito-kun."

"They should be able to outsmart me. Tolerate my personality. Have a strong will power even against their own deepest fears. And most especially ~~" I paused and the two had tensed looks and I grinned.

"They can lift my staff like nothing." The two face planted and I chuckled.

"Lift your staff? Why?" Yuuichiro asked as he appeared and I motioned him to come over and held out my staff to him.

He held out his hand and I chuckled.

"I'd hold out both of my hands if I we're you~" He looked confused and did so. I then dropped my staff on his hands and he then fell with my staff in his hands.

"Why is this thing so damn heavy?!" I smirked as Mikaela came in and tried to take it from Yū but he too also fell.

"B-Break-san. Is this some sort of trick?"

"Hm? Not particularly~ In a way you could say only my contractor can carry this like nothing. They and I are the only one's who can lift this like nothing." I said as I took my staff and they sighed in relief.

"So what? Are we gonna let everyone give it a try? I mean, isn't this kinda like a Thor thing?" Yū asked and I shrugged my shoulder.

"Who knows~"

"Fine. Everyone in the meeting room. NOW." We all nodded as we followed Vivaldi to the room and Cheshire on my side in his cat form.

"Everyone. Can you please line up. Except Chains and those who have a contract of any sort."