Who said girls can't get down and dirty with boys 15

Chapter 15

I grabbed my things and walked out of the classroom, blending into the crowd of students rushing to get out of school. I met Nat at the entrance and we waited for Tess.

"So do you know Rick well?" Nat asked, in a small voice, looking down.

"Nah, I met him this morning and he seemed like a real ass." I said, nonchalantly.

Nat's head snapped up, her eyes spitting green fire at me. "He's not an ass!" she snapped.

"Ok, ok! I'm sorry." I said holding my hands up in surrender. Nat blushed a deep shade of red that almost matched her hair. She opened her mouth to say something, when Tess walked up.

"Ready to go?" She asked with fake enthusiasm. I wonder what's wrong. I'll have to ask her later.

"Yep, I just have to see if Janey needs a ride." I said dread curling in the pit of my stomach.

"K, we'll meet you there?" Tess asked, not even noticing how Nat wouldn't look at me.

"Yup." I yelled over my shoulder as I hopped in my car and drove to Riverdale. When I got there Janey and her 'friends' were hanging out at the front of the school.

"Janey do you need a ride?" I asked, impatiently. Rick was staring at me, Janey was staring Rick and I was staring at Janey, the whole situation was just really awkward.

"Umm..." Janey said, struggling to find an answer.

"Don't strain yourself." I mumbled quietly, but somehow Rick heard me and chuckled. I raised my voice so that everybody could hear me this time, "Well, good. I'll see you at home."

Before she could protest, I had already pulled away from the school and was speeding towards Nat's house.

*~*~* Janey's P.O.V. *~*~*

That bitch! I can't believe she left me! I could hear the blood pounding in my head, blocking out all other noise. I closed my eyes and tried counting to ten. Failure. Then I imagined Nic dying over and over again, each time she died differently. Success.

When the pounding subsided, I heard the loud laughter of the boys.

"Shut up!" I snapped, turning to Jenna and Ashley. "Could you guys drop me at my house?" I asked.

"Is your brother home?" Ashley asked as we got into Jenna's car, I glanced back towards Rick's car and saw him take off in the same direction as Nic.

"Nope. He's still at his boarding school." I said, suddenly feeling lonely.

"Awww. When's he getting back?" Jenna asked.

"I think in 2 weeks he goes on break, so he should be back then." Mom had sent Heath there, because he reminded her too much of Father. He was my best friend, before he went to boarding school. He was the only one I could count on. Hopefully, he didn't fall at Nic's feet like everybody else.

*~*~* Natalie's P.O.V. *~*~*

I waited at the house for Nic and Tess to get back. Tess' house was close by, so she went home to grab a bathing suit. I was sitting on my bed, lost in thought.

~~~ In her head ~~~

I just don't get it. I've been after Rick for years, and he's never looked twice at me. Then Nic shows up and he does more than look at her twice, he's determined to get her too.

What does she have that I don't? I'm prettier than her, I'm smarter than her, I'm nicer than her, I'm just so much better than her. What does Rick see in her?