For Love- Cake

im so ready for want you back

Calum's Pov

It was five am when Luke and I decided to try and go to bed. We were best friends and I was staying the night at his house. He was cuddled into my chest just as it was meant to be. I liked Luke as more than a friend but would never have the courage to tell him so I needed another plan.

"Hey Luke" I say softly scared that he was already asleep and I would wake him.

"Yeah Cal?"He responds and my heart skips a beat, even his voice was beautiful.

"If we aren't married to other people, or at least in a relationship by the time we are thirty-five we should just marry each other"I suggest cringing at the age of thirty-five, as it was so far away, but I had to make it seem like us getting married would be last resort.

"Alright"

*Twenty years later*

In two days Luke was turning thirty-five. I was already thirty-five, single and hadn't forgot about the pact we made when we were fifteen. I didn't know if he remembered or not but I had bigger problems even if he did.

Luke had a boyfriend named Michael.

Michael would be a pretty cool guy if he wasn't stealing the love of my life away from me, but he was so I despised him, always looking for a way to get him in trouble with Luke but I had only two days before the pact didn't matter anymore so I really needed to step up my game. I call my other best friend, Ashton.

"Hey Calum!"

"Hey, you still like Michael?" I ask straight-away.

"Well someone is in a demanding mood, but yeah I do"

"K, good tonight we're going to a party and I'll have him waiting for you in a room"I say with a smirk. Despite being adults we frequented bars and parties.

"Isn't he with that other bloke, Luke?"

"Nah, they split up" I lie.

"Oh, alright then"

"K, I gotta go don't be late, the party is at Stacie's and starts at nine"

"I won't, bye"

This wasn't the most ethical plan but it would suffice. I needed Luke.

.!.!.!.!

"Hey Mike, have another beer"I hand him his fifth beer in an hour. I wasn't spiking them or anything I just needed him to be drunk enough to kiss Ashton.

"Ayee"He says chugging it and spilling a bit on his shirt. I cringe and look away looking for Ashton. I see him walk in and smirk at him. I pull out my phone and send him a text.

change of plans. you go find a room and I'll bring him to you, but PLEASE don't be naked

no promises ;)

He responds to me before running up the stairs way to eagerly. I begin recording just so I wouldn't have to waste time once they were kissing because Michael could realize it wasn't Luke he was kissing and break it off before I could get a picture and I didn't have time for that. 

"Alright c'mon bud"I say pulling him away from the kitchen counter where he was getting another beer. I held my phone in my hand casually so he wouldn't notice anything. I would just delete the excess footage out later.

"Hey, was that Ashton? He's kinda hot, like don't tell Luke but I like, love Ashton" Michael giggles and I freeze.

"What?"I ask.

"I don't love Luke, I love Ashton"He says and I slap him trying to sober him up.

"What the fuc-"

"Break up with Luke and I'll hook you up with Ashton"I demand.

"Really?"He asks.

"Yeah"

"Deal"He says and we shake on it. 

"Ashton is waiting for you in one of the rooms"I say before leaving the party.

.!.!.!.!.!

"Calum, Michael broke up with me"Luke says casually as he walks into my house.

"Are you not upset?"I ask confused but happy.

"Nah, because it means both of us are single and both thirty-five"he says before kissing me. I gasp and cringe back in surprise before kissing him back and smirking.

I had the love of my life. I might have had to wait for twenty years but it was worth it, it was worth him.

are these any good?

i don't feel like they are oof