Chapter One: A Typical Day

 February 12 1964

John was having a typical day, why wouldn't he; same old screaming fans, screaming their names. There was some who got very friendly, which John didn't mind even if he was married, and had a bouncing baby boy at home; where he would just drop off his laundry, so his wife could do it. No romance in the relationship and Cynthia was feeling it.

John smoked a cigarette, watching the smoke flow out his lips into the air. He enjoyed the vile stuff sneaking its way to his lungs. He flicked the ashes into the ash tray, then took another drag, and then stubbed out the perfectly good cigarette; crushing it into more than a little stump.

'British Invasion' sent shivers down his spine of enjoyment, and a little disgust at the same time. To see at least three thousand people when he got off his plane was terrifying and it didn't help his ego one bit. He might have one as super inflated as Paul's was, who was always that way. Nice guy, who thought to be a little cherub baby face; while he was considered the witty one. Why did people have to make such names for them?

It was time to go on stage again, on Carnegie Hall first of the two shows. Then back to old Eddy in Florida, then home sweet home. John didn't realize at the time he would prefer America than to his own country in later years.

John stepped on the stage, along with Paul, George, and Ringo (Richard). He at once absolutely noticed the acoustics were terrible, and people sitting on the stage! It was their concert, not theirs. He then put the thought away, and put on a happy smile.

They started singing 'Roll over Beethoven' with enthusiasm; it was one of few things that made them happy. They were also making music, even if they didn't write this particular song. John couldn't hear the music as well as he could, with all the screaming going on, and like he thought horrible acoustics. At least it was only about a half a hour then some rest, then another half a hour of this show. To see at least 100 seats on the stage, greatly bothered him.

An overly touchy fan, stroked his leg. “What were they? Animals?” John thought rather pitiful for himself. 

"Well Paulie, what number gonna do next!!" John yelled into the microphone, hoping to be able to hear over the fans.

"Well John, how about From Me to You!" Paul said yelling quite loud too.

"Shut up!" John said getting rather irritated. Instead of listening to his request, they all screamed louder. John was about to say the f-word, “Remember bad for the public image!” Almost with his mouth clinched he started singing ‘From Me to you’.

{}{}{}

It was time for Florida, more screaming fans. At least they wouldn’t be allowed on the stage, and be petted like animals.

“Hey Johnny, at least it’s almost over here, huh?” George said, quiet, a lot of people always thought he was the quiet one; well really sometimes he didn’t like the limelight.

“Yep George, it’s almost over here.” John said nastily, not to George, but to himself. “Just think when we get home, more brilliant bloody stuff to do like the movie coming up.”

George just nodded in silence, what more was there to say. What John was saying was quite true, and he knew that; they were going to be busy.

For the night, they would either take the poppers or sleep.

{}{}{}

2008, Phillip Norman. John Lennon: His Life Sean Lennon

Sean was looking over the interview he’d given for this book. Sometimes he got tired about hearing his dad, he was always in his shadow. As a rule, children with famous parents were never as popular. Sean was alright with that though, he loved his dad. Remebering the good times, he didn't remember quite a lot, since he was only five when his Dad died.

It was good to hear about his dad’s life, because there was no more of it. It was one those cases, I’ve wish I been there. Sean had a longing to get to know his dad. This always haunted him, he expect it would for days to come.  Sean was deciding whether he should read it or not. His mother, Yoko said it was mean to John. Then again who is perfect, who was?

Sean remembered the bad parts as well as the good. He decided it he would read it, it would pass the time.

Julian Lennon 2008

Julian was sitting on a chair in his living room. It was good he was finally getting along with Yoko somewhat, Sean and him got along just fine. The one picture they took, with their parents. You could just feel the anger between his mother and Yoko. It felt like a cat fight was coming.

 Julian was thinking of writing a song, which had to do with ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.’ It would be great, he thought. He got up to his computer, to see how this little internet business was doing, it turned to be good. He also like his brother thought about reading the book.

John Lennon February 22, Getting Off A Plane

John Lennon stepped off the first step of the plane, expect to be greeted by thousands of fans; but he heard nothing. It was silent, utterly silent. He looked behind him, and saw Paul mid-way in a smile. He looked beyond him, and saw thousands of people with gaping mouths not making a sound. He was the only one moving. The world was frozen in time, if only for a moment.

Next Chapter Frozen In Time