Hestia's Time Split

It worked for about a week. Almost no curious demigods came to rest the odds against the shadows beyond. There were a few who came to test their luck. Those were the ones who had heard from Harley that the shadows wouldn't touch Percy.

But then something new happened and Ellis really came in handy.

A dazed looking camper dragged their feet up to the boarder. Butch had recognised her immediately as Holly Victor, one of the Nike twins.

Butch ran inside for Percy, in case she made it outside while Malcom helped Nyssa and Ellis restrain the competitive girl. But she wasn't having any of that.

In fact, she roared at them. It was an ugly, gravelly sound overflowing with dark anger. The three demigods stumbled back from her in shock. Taking her chance, Holly stumbled towards the boarder.

"Ellis! Stop her!" Percy yelled. He wasn't going to be able to stop her in time. Percy was already sprinting towards them.

Ellis charged, yelling a battle cry to match Holly's furious scream. She drug her nails down his arm and he winced, but didn't stray from his task.

No words were exchanged. Holly only seemed interested in screaming. When Malcom tried to approach, Holly tried a different tactic.

Faster than either demigod could comprehend, her nails snagged Malcolm's collar in an iron grip. Ellis hesitated. Up on the hill they'd all become quite close to each other and he didn't want to harm the son of Athena.

That moment was all Holly needed, dragging both her and Malcom outside the boarder.

Ellis wouldn't follow.

Percy whipped past the son of Ares. He'd left Butch to contact Chiron.

Percy managed to barely rip Malcom from the Nike daughter's hold and toss him messily away. Malcom was half inside Camp. Ellis pulled him to safety.

Annabeth was just nearing the top of the hill when the shadows began dragging Holly down. Percy wrapped his arms under her armpits and pulled. He had not lost a demigod yet and he didn't plan on starting anytime soon.

Soon the shadows faded and Percy picked up the now unconscious demigod, heading back.

Suddenly Percy felt himself free falling. Holly was being torn from his grasp.

No! She'll be taken. But... is that what's happening to me?

Annabeth's scream was the last thing of this world that reached his ears.

The hole had long since closed over their heads. Despite the impossibly black night that seemed to stretch endlessly around them, Percy tried to see.

It reminded him all too much of the House of Nyx.

Nyx. Shadows. Nyx!

She was taking the demigods. Percy could only hope Annabeth would figure that out before it was too late.

The wind howled and tore at his clothing, his his hair, his face. But at the same time it was silent. All noise swallowed by the dark. It wasn't so much as hearing the wind, so much as just knowing it was there.

It felt like hours.

Falling.

Falling.

Tumbling over and over endlessly. An immortal fall.

Percy yelped as a blinding flash of fiery orange engulfed them. It was like fire. Constantly flickering and changing shade. But it didn't burn him. In fact, it seemed warm and welcoming. Almost... friendly.

However, Holly seemed to majorly disagree. She began thrashing in his numbing arms. A terrible scream ripped from her throat. Percy squinted and almost let go of her at what he saw. Her eyes were pitch black, smoke erupting from her mouth. It seemed to leave before evaporating. Slowly her eyes returned to their usual colour and Holly returned to the world of unconsciousness.

Then they hit the ground.

~~~

I don't know hwo Holly ended up tagging along. It kinda just... happened? Anyway, she wasn't planned for. But on the other hand, since when did I plan instead of wing it?

Peace

BTSWD