Superhero School

That night both Percy and Holly were given a crash course on the new world they'd been thrust into.

One thing that surprised Percy, was that they had schools. For superheroes.

Although it was entirely understandable. People had powers and felt a need to do something with them. If you had something cool and completely unique, wouldn't you want to put it to the test? Whether it be through legal or illegal uses.

Right off the bat it was demanded that with such a quirk, Percy be sent to U.A tryouts with Todoroki. Holly, however, was too young to tryout and was to be enrolled in a junior high school a couple blocks away.

~~~~

~TRYOUTS DAY~

Percy and Todoroki both stood in front of the main building of U.A. Percy, whom was yet to adjust to this world, tried his best not to gwark at the different people around him.

There is a guy with a bird head.

He shook himself out of it, for though Todoroki had been told to direct Percy, he wasn't in the mood for it, walking ahead whenever Percy slowed down. They entered the building and took their seats. A few minutes later it began.

"Welcome to today's live performance!! Everybody say 'HEY'!!" A guy with blonde hair that defied gravity yelled. Very loud.

"Hey!" Percy yelled back in response. Sadly, he was the only one. "No? Just me? Okay." He shrunk into his seat, cheeks flaming with embarrassment.

"I like you!" The guy pointed in his general direction. "ANYWAY! I'm here to present the guidelines of your practical!! Are you ready?! YEAH!"

Percy decided he wouldn't respond this time.

"This is how the test will go, my listeners! You'll be experiencing ten-minute long mock cityscape manoeuvres!! Bring along whatever you want! After this presentation you'll each head to your assigned testing location!! O.K?!"

More silence. Percy was beginning to feel more and more awkward as time wore on. He was used to the homey, rowdy environment of Camp Half-Blood.

"Each site is filled three kinds of Faux Villains. Points are awarded for defeating each according to their respective difficulty levels."

On the screen behind the man, whose name Percy had heard somebody whisper to be 'Present-Mic', appeared a mock city. Around the city appeared the outline of the supposed 'Faux Villains'.

"Use your Quirks to disable these Faux Villains and earn points! That's your goal listeners!!" Percy assumed that meant he could freely use his ability to manipulate water to destroy them. "Of course, playing antihero and attacking other examinees is prohibited!!" Before Present Mic could continue, somebody in the crowd raised their hand.

"May I ask a question?" A guy asked. "There appear to be no fewer than four varieties of Faux Villain on this handout!" He had to yell to be heard. "Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for U.A, Japan's top academy!! We're all here today in hopes of being misled into model heroes!!" He took a deep breath. "And YOU there! With the curly hair!" He stood up and pointed at another boy.

He indeed had curly hair, a shade of green. Percy had been learning that that was actually pretty normal.

"You've been muttering this whole time... it's distracting!! If this is some sort of game to you, then please leave immediately!"

"Sorry." The boy muttered, covering his mouth with his hands.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!" Present Mic yelled again, regaining everyone's attention. "Examine 711, nice catch. Thanks!"

Percy wasn't even going to question how the loud man knew the number.

"But the fourth Faux Villain variety gets you zero points! He's more of an obstacle! Have you all played Super Mario Brothers? The old retro game? It's kind of like a Thwomp! Only one at each site! A 'gimmick' that'll rampage around in close quarters!" Muttering ensued as everybody processed the new information. "That's all from me!! I'll leave my listeners with our school motto. The great hero of the Napoleon Bonaparte once said... 'True heroism consists in being superior to all the ills of life. PLUS ULTRA!!

"BREAK A LEG EVERYONE!"

Been there, done that, rather wouldn't do it again.

Here we go!

~~~~

Now that I more or less know what I'm doing, things should pick up a bit. Sorry, to all you guys who have had to wait so long so I just jumped forwards, right into it. So I'm following the manga now.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama