I Was Never Any Good At Tests (Part 1)

Both letters bore good news. Percy almost had a heart attack when a hologram popped up in front of him after tapping a few buttons and a giant man started yelling right away. To sum it up, both he and Todoroki were accepted.

Percy was sure it would be pretty easy at school. Despite his struggles with certain subjects, his age had regressed, thankfully his mind hadn't.

Oh how wrong he was.

The class was rowdy with two people having a go at each other. There was Glasses Guy that Percy recognised. Some people looked normal. Well, nobody looked at them funny so they weren't his normal. But hey, what's a little more weird?

Percy sighed and zoned out, the argument becoming background noise.

I get thrusted into a whole new world and still have to go to school. How is that fair?

A sudden aura filled the room. It was faint, but it was stronger than those Percy was surrounded by. It held an air of experience. Percy had learnt to sense auras. It helped him detect monsters before they detected him.

Percy looked around for the source, finding nothing until they spoke.

"If you're here to socialise then get out." Percy blinked. The man, their teacher he assumed, was lying on the floor at the doorway.

In a sleeping bag.

It was less weird than the guy with a rock for a face. Or he thought it was a rock.

Percy wondered if he could do that sometime. Just show up in a sleeping bag. That would be fun.

"This is the hero course." A slurping sound echoed around the now silent classroom. The teacher was drinking from something.

He climbed out of the sleeping bag, revealing dark clothes and equally dark shoulder length hair. Around his neck like a scarf was something Percy didn't recognise.

"It took eight seconds for you to quiet down. Time is a precious resource. You lot aren't very rational are you?" He allowed the shock to simmer down. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleased to meet you." The man's face was as straight and emotionless as cardboard.

Pleased to meet you too. Percy thought doubtfully. Despite his disheveled appearance, the teacher looked like he'd be more fun compared to the teachers of his past. Excluding Chiron of course.

"Quickly now, change into your gym clothes and head out to the grounds." Aizawa presented a bag of gym uniforms.

Percy figured starting with a gym class wasn't too bad. Especially since academics weren't his strong point. He wondered what kind of sports a Hero Academy would play.

He didn't have to wait long to find out.

They weren't games at all. 'A test of their quirks' Aizawa told them.

"What about the entrance ceremony or guidance sessions?" A girl with floaty hair protested. It poofed out to the sides a little.

"U.A is known for its 'freestyle' education system. That applies to us teachers as well." Aizawa began. "Soft ball throwing, the standing long jump, the 50 meter dash, endurance running, grip strength, side to side stepping, upper body training, seated toe touch... you did all of these in middle school, yes? Your standard no-quirks allowed gym tests."

No. Percy thought immediately. Not here, and not all of that at his middle school. Of course, he had done it outside of school, but those came with unpleasant memories like hanging off cliffs and generally trying not to die. So typically Percy didn't like to give it too much thought.

"This country still insists of prohibiting quirks when calculating the averages of those records. It's not rational. The department of education is just procrastinating." Aizawa turned to a spiky haired blonde kid with a pair of evil looking eyes. "Bakugo," he began, "how far could you throw in middle school?"

"Sixty seven meters." He said gruffly.

"Great, now try it with your quirk." Aizawa instructed, handing him the ball. "Do whatever you need to. Just don't step outside the circle. Give it all you've got."

Bakugo threw the ball, fire sparking in him palms and setting off behind the ball at the perfect moment, sending it sailing full speed.

"DIE!!" He yelled aggressively as a small wind backlash was created from the throw.

Percy blinked, dazed. Die?

"It's important for us to know our limits." The teacher held out a machine reading 705.2m. Percy's eyebrows raised, surprised at how far the ball went. "That's the first rational step to figuring out to figuring out what kind of heroes you'll be."

Percy snorted quietly. Well I'm the sort who saves the world and gets his butt thrown straight back in the deep end as thanks.

There were exclamations of excitement.

"Awesome you say?" Aizawa picked up on a kid's comment. "You're hoping to become heroes after three years here..."

Been there. Done that. Still doing that.

"And you think it will be all fun and games?" Percy felt a chill run up his spine with the teachers drop in tone. "Right. The one with the lowest score across all events will be judged hopeless, and expelled."

~~~~

I'm supposed to be sleeping by now (oh well) so I can't follow the book at night, BuT! I discovered Manga Rock, so it takes me quite a bit longer to write, constantly flicking back and forth, but it works.

And I feel really guilty for missing the update promise (promised in Slytherin's Heir) that I would update every Saturday due to a big project that I need to finish that I kinda might of maybe left to the last minute...

SO DOUBLE UPDATE.

That will be up once I write it which I've already started by the time you read this. (If you read this).

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama