Mock Battles Part 2

Heroes and villains. That was their test. All Might had everybody sorted into teams of two by drawing lots. Everybody except for, well... Percy. There was just one problem.

Class A had an uneven number of students and there was nobody left to be teamed up with. All Might stumbled with his words for a moment. "Alright, it looks like we'll have to do a team of three-"

"I'll go alone." Percy interrupted.

"How would you do that? There's an even amount of teams already." The boy with spiky red hair spoke. His name was... Kirishima?

"Then I'll face one team again. If they're tired from the first round it'll be okay, and even then, villains aren't always going to be considerate enough to come at you in even numbers. Consider it good practice?" Percy said, sharing his thoughts. He had enough experience to know that an enemy didn't always come at you fair and square, They would rather take whatever chance they could and so would Percy.

"If you're sure..." Percy nodded. He could take them. "In that case... Kaminari and Jiro, will you battle young Percy?" Both students agreed. "Then let the mock battles begin!"

The first to battle were the four, Bakugo, Iida, Midoriya and Uraraka. Percy had taken care to observe his classmates names and quirks for future reference.

To watch the others battle this way was completely different to Percy. He was used to fighting and watching fights in an open arena with more uncommon weapons such as staffs, swords, daggers, bows and arrows - not with quirks. Not with all the colourful and high tech boosters inside buildings where stealth was key and to do little damage to surrounds was crucial.

Maybe this would be good for me. I'll learn to restrain myself a little more, Percy thought as he sheepishly recalled the time he blew up a volcano.

Percy paid close attention when it came to Kaminari and Jiro's fight; after all, they were to be his next opponents and though it was unfamiliar and Percy was outnumbered he wasn't aiming to lose if he could help it. Percy thought that if he could at least deal less damage than the first kid had, then that would be victory enough for the day.

A few battles later and it was Percy's turn to take the field. As he was at a disadvantage they allowed Percy to chose his role. A hero or a villain.

He chose a hero because strategically, he thought that would be easier. Not to mention all of this reminded him of capture the flag. Defeat the enemies, reach the target. He didn't have to bring it back into home territory either, he just needed to touch it. Not to mention that if he accidentally maimed somebody he'd still get dessert.

Percy was made to wait for five minutes while the villain team set up and then he was let loose.

"START!"

Percy dashed inside. He'd already looked at the blueprints and based off his opponents' previous play, made a guess where they would stash the weapon.

Five minutes.

Minimal damage.

Go.

Jiro, the girl with the Headphone Jack quirk would undoubtedly be listening for his approach and there was nothing he could do about that. Perhaps Percy would be able to muffle it by spreading the water over the walls, however, that would take up too much energy and concentration, not to mention he didn't have enough water and it would be another dead give away of his position. Kaminari would probably be waiting in hiding for him, ready to electrocute-

As the thought crossed Percy's mind, a jolt of electricity darted around the corner, barreling towards him and forcing the demigod to throw himself to the side. Electricity was a bad match for him.