A Whole New World

Holly groaned as she opened her eyes. Everything hurt. Everything. She tried to grasp onto the memories that hung like straws before her, but everything kept slipping. In a daze, her head slowly turned to the side. Stones dug into her face but at this moment she could not bring herself to care. Her vision blurred in and out of focus. Holly couldn't move her legs. Something was wrapped around them, restraining her.

Sounds of everday city life buzzed around her. So close, but so far, as if she were listening through water or the other side of a door. Holly struggled up onto her elbows. Around her legs was a tanned arm. Her eyes traveled upwards. The kid was a mess. Black hair matted with blood. One of his legs looked bent at a very wrong angle. She untangled herself. Moving the hair aside, Holly examined the teen. She gasped and jerked back.

Percy Jackson!

She remembered. Fractured memories flooded her.

"I'll beat you there!" Holly yelled at her sister, Laurel.

"You will not! I'll beat you there!" Her sibling yelled back, just as competitive as she. Laurel took off. Holly yanked on her last shoe and made a break for the lava climbing wall. Half way there Holly tripped over something she was positive wasn't there before hand. Something slithered up her leg. Holly tried to scream but something muffled it. It was dry, but slimey all the same. Holly began choking. She couldn't breathe. Her eyes began watering until tears poured down her face. It surged down her throat. Smooth as water. Hot like fire.

Everything shifted. Course changed. The boarder. Go to the boarder. Get there. Now. Now. NOW! Unaware of anything, unable to control her body. Her feet limply draggd her to the boarder.

Shadows pulled at her feet. She wanted them to. She wanted them to take her away.

Hands under her arms, hauling her upright.

Screaming.

Light.

Flashes.

Control.

Black.

Percy Jackson. He saved her? Holly couldn't believe it. She shivered. That-that thing had taken control of her. Was it still here? Holly looked around, panic clearly written over her face. She could recall falling. Wherever they'd fallen from however...

Clearly Percy had taken the brunt of the damage, acting as shock absorbtion. it was obvious he'd hit the ground first.

"-okay? Miss? Miss are you okay." She'd zoned out. Holly screamed and scrambled away from whoever held her arms. Her heart pounded in her chest. She winced at the pain the rocketed through her body. It wasn't the worst she'd felt. A little nectar and she'd be fine. If this was how she felt, then Holly didn't want to imagine how Percy would feel when he woke up.

Woke up.

Oh gods. He isn't dead is he?

"Miss, calm down. We aren't here to hurt you. Okay? Shh... deep breaths now. In. And out. In. Out." Holly found hersef listening to the voice. Following their orders. She just needed something real to anchor herself to. Holly opened her eyes and stared at the man before her. "I'm Tsukauchi. Do you have a name?"

Holly nodded meekly. "I-I'm Holly." She cursed herself for stuttering. Already Holly could hear Laurel laughing at her for it. That almost sent her into a round of tears.

Where is Laurel? What will she think when she finds me gone?

"Can you tell me what happened? Did this guy here try to hurt you?" the man asked. She'd already forgotten his name. The man was gesturing to Percy who was carefully being lifted onto a stretcher by... floating tape?

Holly caught a glimpse of silver cuffs around his wrists and yelled, scrambling towards him.

He could keep her safe. But they were taking him away.

Don't leave me!

Holly tore at the tape, trying to pry it away. Her attempts were fruitless. They wrapped around her hands and pulled her away.

"Stop! No! He didn't hurt me! He tried to save me!" she yelled, not doing anything this time to stop the tears.

"Aizawa." The man held up his hand. The floating tape stopped and retreated from her hands. "Holly, can you tell me what happened? Can you tell me who he is?"

"I-I don't really remember what happened. When Percy wakes up I'm sure he could tell you." She reasoned. Holly couldn't lose him. Not here.

"So his name is Percy?"

"Yes."

"Do you have anyone we could contact?" He asked, looking over the battered girl. Come to think of it, her and the boy wore similar clothing. Both wore tattered orange shirts bearing similar words and images.

Holly hesitated. "No. I don't." She didn't have anyone to contact, but Percy probably had his mum. But Holly wouldn't tell them that.

"Any friends?" Holly shrugged. Tsukauchi sighed. He clearly wasn't going to get anywhere. Not at least, until he could question the injured boy.

"Are you two, siblings perhaps?" Holly thought about it.

"No, he's more like my..." she trailed off, a look of confusion on her face. Holly really didn't want to think about her godly family tree right now. "I can't remember. He's related. Somehow..."

Holly never really thought of anyone as serious family. Except for Laurel. Everyone at Camp Half-Blood was more like, that really close friend that just became family and you called them auntie or uncle or something.

She was not calling Percy uncle.

"Can you tell me anything?" Tsukauchi raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not going anywhere without him." Holly said firmly.

And that was that.

~~~~

These chapters aren't as long as I'd normally write. Oh well.

This may be slow updates for a while. This Fanfiction is sort of just an experiment.

Peace

BTSWD