Chapter 5

A few days later Danny closed the door of his locker slowly. He sighed sadly and made his way to class.

He'd talked to Tucker and Sam yesterday and found out Sam was dating another guy at school. She'd told him all about it and he had smiled and congratulated her but his heart just broke a bit more with every word. He was happy for her, he really was. But he couldn't help but feel a bit depressed.

He noticed how students kept sending him cautious looks. Some fearful as if he would attack them.

He was too sad to be bothered.

He sat down in his seat and let his chin rest on his crossed arms. He sighed once more.

"Hey Danny, you ok?"

Danny looked up to see Rose stand next to his desk with a worried expression.

Danny smiled slightly. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Juleka butted in. "Because you look kinda depressed."

"I'm fine, guys. Just not really in the mood today." He waved his hand a bit. Why were they making such a fuzz. Couldn't a guy be depressed for a day or two?

The two exchanged glances before going to their seats. He noticed them fidgeting slightly but ignored them.

Ivan, who sat next to him, also took notice. The bulky teen glanced at Danny worriedly. He knew what could happen if Danny was emotional. He was a nice guy. Ivan didn't want Danny to have to go through what most Parisians went through.

Class started and Ivan tried to pay attention to Mrs. Burgois but his thoughts kept going to the teen next to him.

His eyes darted to Danny once more and he gasped.

An outline of a purple butterfly was masking Danny's face and his eyes had darkened.

Ivan tensed. He had seen this before. On his little cousin after he had a tantrum. He knew what was happening.

But the weird thing was...Danny just kept staring at the teacher, looking as bored as ever. Sometimes his eyes would glaze over but he just shook his head and blinked.

The butterfly stayed.

"D- Danny?"

Danny hummed and glanced at him, making him flinch.

Danny furrowed his eyebrows. "Ivan. Are you ok?"

Ivan had frozen in shock. "Are YOU ok?"

Danny raised an eyebrow. "Yeah."

"Danny, Ivan," the teacher called. "Stop talking in class and- DANIEL." She gasped when the student looked at her with a purple glowing mask.

Everyone turned around and stared in shock. A few screamed.

Danny was getting freaked out. He was just a bit sad from his heartbreak. He should make others feel how it is to be heartbroken and get revenge on couples. He shook that thought out of his head again. His thoughts were getting weirder and weirder.

"Danny. Don't listen to him!" Marinette stood up and approached him slowly as if approaching a scared animal. "We can help."

"Whut." Danny was sure he had ended up in a school full of psychopaths. "What the fuck are you guys talking about."

His tone made everyone flinch and Mylene burst out crying.

Adrian watched him with wide eyes. "Danny. Just call down."

"I am calm," he all but growled getting frustrated. "Just freaking confused because nobody is telling me what is going on!!"

It was quiet for a few seconds as it got into everyone's heads that Danny wasn't getting an evil makeover.