Chapter 27

Adrien leaned forward in interest. "But how do you transform? How does that all work?"

Danny shrugged. "I can just do it at will." He let the rings wash over him for demonstration and the other two watched, fascinated. "I don't know what to tell you, man. It's just how it works. How do you guys transform? Your power comes from your kwamis right? Does it affect your human form too? Alya said it did."

Adrien blushed a bit, while Marinette nodded.

"Do you change in any way when you transform? Or do you just get a makeover?" Danny continued.

Adrien shook his head. "Plagg kind of fuses with me in a way." He glanced at the creature, who was finishing off the Camembert before flying up to nestle in his hair for a short nap. He always got pretty tired after a transformation, especially when Chat had used Cataclysm for a lot of stuff. "Our clothes are exchanged with that suit. The suit pretty much protects us from anything, except mind controlling." He sighed. "And our senses are more atuned. Like, I can see better, smell better and hear better."

"Ehhhh" Ladybug waved her hand. "I only see a bit more sharper. Pretty sure most of your things are cat instincts."

Adrien chuckled and turned back to Danny. "But how did it happen? You weren't born with them, right? Like Superman?"

Danny shook his head with an amused smile. "More like Spiderman."

"You were bit by a radioactive ghost?"

Danny snorted. "No. It was a slightly more painful. My parents build a portal to the Ghost Zone, as Alya said, but I made it work by turning it on from the inside. It kinda looks like a tunnel. I seriously think they trespassed to the neighbour's territory." He frowned. "But that doesn't really matter, I suppose. That house has been empty since I was three."

Adrien frowned. "But-" a beep interrupted him and they looked at Ladybug who looked a bit sheepish.

She took a deep breath, almost like Adrien had done and looked at Danny. He grinned encouragingly. She glanced at Adrien and took him in as he sat there. He was so much more than what she'd first thought. She imagined him as Chat and smiled. She had certainly never expected this, but she wouldn't change anything about it ever. She wasn't sure what he'd think of her, though. She was just another kid in his class. Surely, she wouldn't amount to much next to all his other friends.

As partners she could safely say they had a close bond, however they had never had much time to talk about each other. She hoped it wouldn't be too awkward.

One last beep and she would find out. She smiled wobbily at Adrien before looking away.

The light washed over her. She struggled to catch the kwami in her cupped hands. She and the small creature exchanged looks, much like Adrien and Plagg had done earlier. The red kwami smiled and nodded before taking the cookie handed to her.

Danny was watching the blond's reaction. He wouldn't lie, he was a bit nervous. He wasn't close enough to Adrien to be able to gauge his reaction. He would have to work on that if they were gonna be partners.

Adrien didn't fall into quiet shock like Marinette had. He gasped, eyes wide. "Marinette?"

Said girl hunched over and brought a hand up to brush some hair behind her ear. She looked at him and tried for a cautious lift of the lips. "Hey hey- uh hey Adrien. Yeah hey."

Adrien blinked owlishly at her, eyes roaming over her face, before a surprised chuckle escaped him. He shook his head with a smile and mumbled something under his breath.

Marinette winced a bit. Very confused as to how she should take that response. "Adrien?"

"Wow." He leaned forward, putting his mouth to his fists. "Wow," he repeated, before laughing again.

Danny raised an eyebrow with an amused expression. He snorted and Marinette send him a glare with a bit of panic. She looked back at Adrien. "Are- are you surprised?"

"Nah." Adrien rubbed his face in his hands and smiled at Marinette. Although, this smile was a bit sadder. "Not really. If I had been actively looking for Ladybug's identity, you would've been high on the suspect list." He saw Marinette's surprised expression and raised an eyebrow. "Why are you surprised? You are pretty much always being Ladybug. Even out of costume. You stand up for others and aren't afraid to bring justice and you always have a plan. You don't give up and are determined. And you have a big heart."

Marinette was blushing fiercely by now. "I just didn't think anyone would compare clumsy old me to a superhero."

Both Adrien and Danny gave her weird looks. Danny waved his hand. "But you are a superhero."

Marinette sighed. "You know what I mean. I get stressed a lot and overthink things and you're wrong. I can't plan for the life of me. I guess I do try, but it always ends up being chaos anyways."

"No, it doesn't," Adrien complained. "Remember that group project in history? You got down all we needed to do for the poster and gave each of us work to do and it turned out great. It was Pierre's fault for not turning it in on time."

"I could've reminded him? He did ask me to, because he knew he was forgetful."

"Well, it was his job to turn it in. Not yours."

"Can we stop talking about some project and get on with it? We've been sitting on this ground for ever," Adrien's kwami complained.

"I've never agreed with a ghost more," Danny said as he stood up and stretched. "Are you two gonna make out or what."

At that the couple still on the ground yelped in surprise and Danny had fun watching to blushing messes trying to get a sentence out.

"Ummm." Adrien started, looking anywhere but at Marinette. "I just. It's just...a lot to take in right now."

Marinette nodded, relieved he felt the same. "I still need to get used to it. And it's like- like I don't- I mean I would totally. If you want to someday."

Adrien grinned. "Yes, of course. Someday."

Marinette smiled. That grin again. She could now see Chat in it. It was beautiful. But it was still confusing. Don't get her wrong. She still loved the boy in front of her. She just had to figure out exactly what she was loving. Before they started something. She knew Chat. And she knew Adrien. But now, Chat had a whole other life outside the battles that she would be aware of. And Adrien would also be a part time superhero outside of school. She would have to get used to that.

Adrien too. He had realized with sadness that he didn't know Marinette as much as he would like. Mind him, he knew a lot, but he wanted more. He wanted to know her from the new perspective he had now that he knew of this part of her double life.

They would both have to get used to that.

They had the time. Where was the rush.

Heya.

Now I got an idea. Imma update one of my books at least once a week. I know I'm cutting it close rn lmao but it's a good and realistic goal, I hope.
That way I can also sate my hunger for the different stories I got going on here. That includes the oneshots book. I got lots of stuff for that. Like a merman!Danny and dannyxvoltron and something with construction workers you'll see.

Sorry FantasyHalfa, for taking so long.

Parece que hay como tres(?) Hispanohablantes leyendo este libro. Qué bien! Me pregunto que otros lenguajes hablan todos ustedes. Cómo ven, mi Español no es de España. Es latino americano. Esa cosa de 'vosotros' me sigue confundiendo.
Bueno, chau.