Chapter 23

THREE GUESSES WHO'S BACK

Finally, after what Danny felt was like going through a galaxial loophole, everything calmed down and light was able to filter through his eyes. Before he could do anything, something wrapped around his midsection, legs and arms. He was thrown on what felt like a chair and made immobile. He grunted at the sudden force and opened his eyes again to take in his surroundings.

He was forced tight on a chair in what looked like the inside of a theater. He wasn't on the podium, in fact he was shoved to the far corner. Well away from the windows or any other opening were sunlight streamed in.

He could guess why that was the case.

He tried to move his arms and looked down to see almost nothing. It was so dark around his body he wondered if he even had one anymore. Although, he figured he wouldn't be able to feel his limbs if they weren't there.

"So. I finally have you in my claws."

The akuma quite literally rose from the ground and stalked over to the tied up boy.

Danny sighed deeply. "Oh great. Another kidnapping. Do you think it's weird that this hasn't even been the record amount of times I've been kidnapped in a day? I guess two doesn't sound like much, but sometimes I wonder what other people do with their day." As he talked, he looked around to find his Papis missing. He felt oddly naked without the constant company.

The Akuma stood straighter and scrunched his nose at him. "I am Voidness. Hawkmoth wants to talk to you. And I," He grinned happily, "get to question you."

The reaction he got from the teen was not one he expected. Danny raised an eyebrow and tilted his head. "You know, Hawkmoth, just because you sent someone else to do the torturing doesn't keep your hands clean. In fact they're so dirty I can smell them from here. You do have a hand sanitizer somewhere in that little evil cave of yours, right. No, that isn't going to work. You should bathe in like a river of colognes- No nevermind. There's no solution. Just cut them off. That's much simpler. Saves you the trouble of ever washing them again."

"Shut up!" Voidness snapped and slapped him across the face.

The boy cringed at the sting. Well, it was the prize he had to pay to stall long enough for Ladybug and Chat Noir to get here. If they even knew where he was.

The akuma cleared his throat as the butterfly mask appeared around his face. "Yeah yeah. I know. Chill, dude. He's not dead.....He was being annoying!"

Danny raised an eyebrow and wondered if he knew he looked ridiculous talking to someone a couple of miles away from them like that.

The akuma groaned. "Alright. Fine." He turned to Danny, who was now acquiring a red mark on his cheek. "Asshole here wants to speed things up so..." He leaned forward a bit. "How are you not affected by the akumatization."

Danny's eyes widened when he realized who this kid was. It was the same one that had been so angry at him that he had gone looking for a fight. He probably wanted to know the answer just as much as Hawkmoth does.

He swallowed. Things just got a whole lot more complicated. "How should I know? Hawkbutt's the one with the akumas."

"If he knew," the villain growled, "would he be asking right now?"

"Now this is what I wonder when the teacher answers a student's question with another question."

The guy sighed, probably already seeing how much of a pain Danny was going to be. Well, then he should return the favor.

Danny gasped when the binds around him started to tighten. He make sure not to let too much breath out, lest he never regain it. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He took a deep breath with difficulty. "Look, dude. I don't know ok. Hawkmoth does. He's just tricking you."

The akuma paused and immediately a mask formed on his face. He frowned, making Danny wonder what kind of arguments the fruitloop was using on him. How was he supposed to counterattack if he didn't even see the attack or know what it was.

Either way, he didn't have much hope of convincing him to go against Hawkmoth. Human minds were weak. They can't go against the power of an overshadowing ghost, which was basically kinda what was happening here. Especially not when the human already had half a mind of doing what the akuma was 'forcing' him to do.

Voidness, which was an incredibly stupid name, narrowed his eyes at Danny. "He has no idea about what it is, so don't go around blaming that naïve soul and tell me, you bitch."

Danny raised an incredibly amused eyebrow and smirked. "You tell Hawbutt that his butterflies like me more than him because he's a prick and to just get over it and get himself something else."

Voidness was shocked for a moment before smirking. "Hey, Mothman. Get yourself some other pets. Lepidopterist really isn't your right occupation."

"A cat!" Danny interrupted. "Tell him to get a lonely guy cat."

"He can hear you, you know." The guy cocked his head and Danny smirked.

"Can he also see me stick my tongue out at him?" He continued to do just that, scrunching his nose in the process.

"Sure he can."

"Can he also see me flipping him the bird in my head?"

Voidness full out laughed and shook his head. "I'm not letting you free just so you can flip him off."

Huh, Danny thought. So he can't read minds, but he can see through the akuma he made. Danny thought of something else he wanted clarified.

"You have this telepathic connection, don't you? Does that mean he controls you?" The akuma frowned, the friendly atmosphere was gone almost immediately, but Danny kept going. "You must be pretty useless then. You're gonna let him control you like a puppet?"

"He can't control me!" He snapped like Danny knew he would. "He may have given me my powers, but I do what I want!!"

A purple glow encompassed his face and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. As long as I honor our deal. Speaking of." He growled at Danny, making the shadows tighten and lift the chair a bit. "You've been getting more out of this interrogation than I have. You're not as dumb as I took you for," he mused.

Danny struggled to talk past his squished lungs. "And you're as dumb as you look." He gasped, trying to fill his lungs. "Look, I'm sorry about your girlfriend-"

"This isn't about her!" Voidness yelled. "This is about how you get away with so much and leave the rest of us to drown. You know how those evil insects don't affect you, but instead of telling us you keep it all to yourself." He glared at the boy in front of him with distaste. "You're so selfish."

Danny tensed in his binds and scowled. "You wanna be immune?" He spat out and looked at the akumatized being dead in the eye. "Then die."

That's when the windows exploded.

So that was an unplanned *glances at calendar and flinches* almost three weeks vacation.
TBH i had incredibly good reasons not to update...for the most part. Seriously, you could've made a book out of everything that has happened in these two and a half weeks. I'm not going to tell you but I will say three things:

Lance deserves the galaxy.
I would rather die at 55 than live long enough to see the eighties.
I would be a good mom.

I had written down most of this chapter in the begining of those three weeks and I was pretty frustrated so I kinda took it out on hawkmoth so that's why.
(Mom dad, if you're reading this. I swear I usually don't use this kind of language)

Also school started and I had to get in the school mood and that took me a few days.

Chau