Chapter 18

The small ghost boy cheered Kim and Adrien on as they punched furiously into the controllers. Both tense and leaning on the edge of their seats, trying to beat the other character in the game.

Marinette was shouting out moves at Adrien, completely forgetting her nervousness in favor of winning those video games. Danny had chosen Kim's side and he groaned loudly as Kim's character was beaten. He chucked one of the cases at his head and Kim shielded himself with his arm as he grinned apologetically.

Meanwhile, Adrien high-fived Marinette as she took his place to fight against Kim. The winner of this round would pay against the winner of Adrien and Max's fight. Danny had already been disqualified, but no one gave him a hard time about it, given that it was his first time playing this video game.

Danny smiled and followed Adrien to the couch placed on the other side of the model's huge room, leaving Marinette and Kim to play. He plopped down. "Oof. That was awesome. You're really good."

Adrien shrugged modestly. "Yeah well. Had a lot of free time."

Danny sent him a worried look. He'd gone to talk to him two days ago and ask him about Chloe's and his dad. What Adrien had told him had Danny very angry and very bitter, making him a bit reckless. He'd gotten the Mayor's personal phone number from the supermodel and used the old untraceable telephone his parents had made, the SpookPhone, to give the man a call. Later on, Adrien had cracked up about how Danny told him he had told the Mayor off and planned for him to spend some time with Chloe, threatening him to make sure it happened. They weren't sure if it had worked yet, as the time planned would be Friday afternoon, which was today.

Now, Danny's eyebrows furrowed as he glared at the door. "Want me to have a word with your dad?"

Adrien chuckled. Ever since that incident, the two boys had formed a small bond. Danny had started liking him a bit more since he wasn't as much of a goody-two shoes as he had first thought. Calling Chloe's dad to make him spend more time with her wasn't a crime, but anonymously scolding the Mayor on his parenting was unheard of.

The blond shook his head. "No. My dad would only get angrier and if he finds out it was you, he'd probably place a restraining order."

Danny wasn't sure whether the dude was exaggerating or not. He sighed and decided not to risk it. "Fine. Wil I ever meet him?"

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Adrien growled out with some bitterness in his voice. "He practically kicked Nino out of the house when he first saw him." He jerked his chin to the door. "He's locked himself up in his study so he won't bother us for a while."

Danny wasn't sure how to react to that so he didn't say anything and buried himself deeper into the couch. He looked at his Papis fluttering around him. Maybe he could scare the man as a ghost. It would be petty revenge, but totally worth it. Although it wouldn't do Adrien much good.

Adrien smiled as he looked at Marinette stick her tongue out and make wild gestures, almost falling off the couch she was kneeling on. He looked back at Danny. "You play pretty well too. You sure it's your first time?"

"No," Danny grinned. "I used to play at the arcade whenever I had the time. This is a new game for me, though."

"Arcade? Wasn't that a place with those big boxes with games? Like in 'Wreck-it Ralph'?"

"Yep," Danny chirped. "Do you know if there's one close-by? I'm really missing that place."

The blond boy raised an incredolous eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure the closest one is a few countries away. You guys still have those?"

"You don't?" Danny whined before sighing deeply. "I guess my town is pretty old fashioned." He let his head plop on the back of the couch. His papis settled around him, trying to comfort him. He didn't blow them away when some landed on his cheeks and nose, even though it tickled. They walked around as he talked. "Oh man. You guys are missing out. It was an awesome place to hang out in. I once had a birthday party there." He sighed blissfully. "Best party ever."