Chapter 31

I know this is actually French but idk what akumatized is in French...

"Alright so say Akuma," Alix spread her hands out for emphasis.

"Akuma," Dannt repeated.

"Now say 'tized'"

"Tized."

The other people sitting around the two leaned forward in anticipation.

"Akumatized," Alix grinned expectantly and Danny hurried to copy her.

"Alumenized."

There were groans and laughs in the group as everyone sat back and threw their heads back.

Alix was frustrated. "How- how did you even?"

"I panicked!" Danny put his head in his hands.

"Where did the 'l' come from?"

"It's so hard! I just said whatever."

"Come on, Danny!"

"Sorry!"

"Ugh." She banged her head on the table.

"You know what?" Dnany planted his hands on the table. "I nominate myself the new guardian of the Papis. As the new guardian, I say we don't call them Akumas anymore. I heard that's translated to demons anyway and I will not let such misuse of my beautiful shining angels go on unbothered."

The others looked at him with amusement.

"What are you going to call them then?" Mylene asked as she watched entranced at one of the butterflies that was perched on her fingers.

Danny paused. "Well, can't I just call them Papis?"

Kim scrunched his nose. "Ummm no? They're Papillons. That's like calling your dog 'do'."

Danny huffed. "I'm not a native speaker. It just sounds like a exotic and foreign name to me."

"The rest of the Parisians won't think so," Max pointed out. "Better name it something else. It would be weird."

"Alright, I'll come up with something."

"Danny!"

The boy looked up to see Alya speedwalking towards him and the small group with him. She latched onto his arm and dragged him behind her, earning a yelp from the teen.

"Bye, Danny." The group waved at the retreating duo before going back to their conversations and Danny could only wave back until he and the girl turned a corner.

She twirled him around and held him by the shoulders. A stern expression set. "What is going on," she hissed.

Danny raised his eyebrows. "What?"

She went from stern to desperate. "Please tell me you know what's going on with Marinette and Adrien."

Danny gave a short bout of surprised laughter. "What?"

"You know." She shook his shoulders. "They went from crushing to married couple in the span of a few weeks! Please, teach me your matchmaking secrets!"

Danny snorted. "What makes you think I have anything to do with it?"

"Oh please." She rolled her eyes. "You're like their weird uncle slash father slash son. I know you got something to do with it."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"It makes sense in my head." She slightly slapped his shoulder. "Now, spill."

"I just helped them discover a common thing between them that made them see how deep their bond went." Danny shrugged with a grin meeting Alya's narrowed eyes.

"Well?? And what was that thing?!"

"Nope," he said as he shook his head and turned around to leave the hallway and enter the lunchroom. "That's between me and them. You'll have to find out some matchmaking strategies of your own." He winked at her outrage.

Yeah, this is basically a filler.
Y'all can brainstorm Papi names here if you want.

Es corto pero ya viene otro. No se preocupen.