Chapter 15

"You know what!? You go outside. You look around. Look at the people. They're afraid. They are fucking afraid every second of the day. Nobody in this place dares to be angry or sad or whatever shit. You have any idea how messed up that is?! It's pretty fucking messed up. So go out and look at their faces and think: this is my fault. This is what my obsessive stalking is getting me!! Also do yourself a favor and get a life. Spend time with your family because you're wasting precious time right now."

The connection was broken, thus leaving a speechless Hawkmoth standing in the middle of his empty lair. He stayed still, stunned. The boy's words replaying in his head.

Finally he muttered: "Wings down." And let his suit unwrap itself from him and leave a middle-aged man with formal clothing behind. He didn't even glance at the kwami that formed in front of him and was giving him a cautious look, as he fished at his cellphone absentmindedly. He pressed on some buttons and the large window in his lair closed slowly.

In a daze, the man strolled away from the middle of the room. The butterflies flitted around, but left a path for him to walk through, not getting near him. They never did. He vaguely noticed how there were much less butterflies than before.

He stepped on a platform and pressed something else on his phone, making the platform rise towards an opening in the ceiling.

The kwami that was left behind hesitated before flying after his master. He usually stayed behind in the lair. He didn't need or want to stay with his master all the time, and his master accepted that, knowing there would be less of a chance at his lwami being discovered.

However this time he slipped through the ceiling and after the man, who was strangely quiet and pensive as he glided towards the door in that way that Nooroo suspected he had taught himself over the years. That gait gave the impression of a self confident man who didn't back out from anything. However Nooroo, as his kwami, had a special connection to him (even though that man had only been his master for a year) and he could almost feel the uncertainty and doubt. But he could also see some anger and frustration.

The man always seemed to be sure of his business and always had a clever plan up his white and fashionable sleeve. But when he passed the doorway and entered the hall, he paused. His eyes studied the main door and quickly returned to the ground. He wrapped his hands behind his back, adopting his thinking posture.

Nooroo watched with a mixture of hope and unease as his master pursed his lips and strode out the door with large purposeful steps.

"Stay here, Nooroo," Gabriel said softly as he closed the large doors of his house behind him.

I know it's short. But it's necessary.

Anyways someone requested the origin of the idea of this story and I screenshoted it because I want the person to have some credit too.

Its not exactly the same but if not for this I'm not sure I would've created this book so yeah.

Also...is Nooroo the butterfly miraculous?? Or moth?? Because hawkmoth is apparently an actual type of moth. Why did Gabriel name himself like that, doesn't he know the difference or did he want to sound dark and spooky cause moths are nocturnal and mostly considered the dark side of a butterfly (they're little fluff balls but not everyone has that opinion).
Well, ladybug says 'Bye bye, little butterfly' and I frankly trust her more so it's probably the butterfly miraculous.
But wouldn't it be awesome if instead of butterflies it'd just be a bunch of moths flying around?? And Danny would be Moth Boi