Chapter 4

The night was young, but filled with surprise at the dinner table. Sure their were a plethora of people there, but Cookie and Lucious were in their own word. Not ever had they met someone they had so much in common with.

At the moment this little firecracker called Cookie was blowing his mind. Things that he never thought about so deeply she thought about. What was crazier was it made sense to him. Like he was on her level, in her brain so to speak. She was smart, real smart, good with numbers smart. Lucious also found she had a touch for music. He would have to put to use.

For Cookie she was in a daze. Lucious was more than a gun toteing, drug pushing tough guy. He was smart, artistic, funny, and very charming. Instead of finding her intimidating, he found her intriguing. To say the least Lucious had her hook line and sinker. That's what scared her the most.

"Aight so the night is so young. What now?" Desmonè asked looking around the table.

"How about let's hit the arcade next door?" D chimed in.

The two exchanged a look. Hell Cookie wasn't stupid somethig was there between the two. They had been all huddled up and giggling all night.

On the other side of the table is was another story. It seemed as if a nemesis was born. Vernon and Unique were at each others throats. They were so bad people had to switch seats.

"Man fuck that. That's childish." Vernon blurted out. Unique rolled her eyes mumbling under her breath. Vernon slammed his cup down.

"What'd you say?" He snapped. She glared at him looking him dead in the eyes.

"I said ain't that a bitch. You're childish." She spewed forth.

He sucked his teeth slumping in his chair. Cookie rolled her eyes then looked at Lucious who was already looking at her.

"You down?" She asked. He shrugged.

"It's up to you little mama." He answered with a boyish grin.

She nodded and he helped her up. The whole crew followed behind them as they walked to the head desk paying for their meals. Lucious payed for her despite her bickering.

Lucious ultimately won that argument and stated as long as she was around him she wouldn't buy anything. Cookie liked that he wanted to take care of her things, but she wouldn't tell imr that. She was a girl that liked to be kept. Don't let that fool you though, she wanted to work for it.

Cookie giggled as he wrapped her arms around his. He was a gentleman with her. It threw her off. The rumours were in direct contrast with what he showed her. He chuckled down at her as she giggled. He loved the sound for some reason. It lulled him to peace.

"Y'all go do something. Me and Cookie out." Lucious spoke and walked away with her.

Everyone shrugged and dispersed. It was packed in the arcade. Like all of Philly came out to play games. All the eyes on Cookie were nerve racking.

It was like being watched from every angle, but then Lucious would start talking and they would play games and she would just be here with him no one else. Whatever little voodoo had them on cloud 9 with eachother was working over time.

"I thought you were the queen of this game." Lucious mocked while playing skeeball. She huffed climbing up on the arcade game. She started chunking the skeeballs into the 1,000 hole.

"That's cheating." He laughed.

She flipped him off continuing what she was doing. He shook his head she was something else. She hoped down when the game was over. Her score was 1 away from his. She pouted slightly.