Chapter 22

Cookie trailed behind Desmonè breathing hard. Des rolled her eyes. She slowed down her pace for her bestfriend. The two decided to jog to Unique's. Desmonè's mom called saying stuff was popping off at Uniques parents house.

They figured get a little excesrsise in. It was proving to be a hard task. Cookie paused drinking her water bottle in a few gulps.

"Damn bitch we've only been running for like 4 minutes." Des groaned. Cookie placed her hands on her knees and panted.

"Fuck off. Normally I be saying that shit to you. I shouldn't have ate before we left." She clapped back.

She stood and started walking. Desmonè doing the same beside her. They made it to Uniques parents to find her on the steps crying. A bag in hand.

"Shit girl what's going on?" Cookie asked.

"They kicked me out." She cried. Desmonè looked shocked.

"My bible totting aunt and uncle kicked you out?" Desmonè spoke.

"Uh uh...That don't seem like them. What's going on with you? What happened?" Desmonè probed.

"Yeah...I met yo folks they like saints." Cookie spoke narrowing her eyes.

"You've been real distant lately to." Des added.

"I'm pregnant alright." She spat through tears. Cookie and Des froze. Were they hearing that right? Virgin Mary Unique was pregnant. Both of them were so confused. Desmonè knelt down and hugged her.

"Come on. Let's get you to Cookie's and feed you." Des spoke Cookies house being closer.

A short walk later and they walked into the house. The boys all chilling in the living room. Unique froze as she spotted Vernon. Their eyes locking before he coughed and looked away. Cookie rose a brow. She peeped the interaction. Desmonè was to busy ushering Unique into the kitchen.

"Here. Eat this. How far along?" Cookie asked sliding a plate of Barbeque to her.

"2 months." She whispered. Cookie nodded.

"What's that shit between you and Vern?" Cookie blurted. Unique picked at her plate.

"What thing?" Desmonè asked through a mouth full of food. Lucious walked into the kitchen to fix him a plate.

"Andre down?" Cookie asked. Lucious shook his head pecking her on the lips.

"Naw he up in the room playing with Carol." He responded then exited. Cookies attention went back to Unique.

"Tell me." She spoke. Unique looked up from her plate with teary eyes. Cookie gasped.

"No...." She spoke. Unique placed her head in her hands.

"You gave him your virginity." Cookie snapped. Des gasped.

"I thought y'all hated eachother?" Desmonè asked.

"We do." Unique responded.

"Wait....Does he know?" Cookie asked. Unique shook her head.

"So he fucked then dashed." Desmonè spoke. Cookie felt her anger rising quickly. Like someone flipped on a switch.

"Please tell me that is not his baby." Desmonè pleaded. Unique busted out in tears. Desmonè had no time to react. Cookie dashed out the kitchen like she had fire under her.

"LUCIOUS!" Desmonè yelled running after her.

He heard the call followed by thundering on the hard wood floor. He was confused, for whatever reason Vernon paled. He watched his wife shoot from around the corner. He was barely quick enough to catch her, before she reached Vernon.