Epilogue

⬆️Jamal (Just A bit smaller.)

3 months later.....

"He's ok Lucious." Cookie spoke bouncing Jamal in her arms. Lucious huffed looking out the window. You could see the worry etched across his face. She rolled her eyes. For once she wasn't the one tripping.

"Cooks you diddnt see that shit." Lucious grumbled.

Just an hour or two beforehand did he feel like a shitty dad who diddnt pay attention. Andre wanted to go to the park today so Lucious opted to take him while Cookie was getting her hair done. He had no clue Andre took a full force tumble down the stairs. He had just stepped outside to greet Bunky.

Andre came out the house kinda acting funny but that was it. He told his dad he hit his elbow and that he was fine. Lucious diddnt think much of it. Not until they were at the park for a while and Lucious noticed him holding his arm while he played.

When he called Andre over he saw a crazy bruise on his arm, not to mention it was swelling. He had to have been doing 90 on the way to the hospital cause that arm diddnt look right at all.

"Is the big bad daddy wolf worried." Cookie teased. He glared at her.

"Don't call me that." Lucious snapped. Cookie sat down in the hospital chair next to Lucious. She grinned his arm soothingly.

"It's a joke baby, calm down." Cookie chuckled nudging him playfully.

"What I'm saying is your not the most sensitive father so seeing you like this is weird." Cookie spoke.

"Come on now cooks." He groaned.

"I'm being serious Lu. You forget how young he is. He's almost 3." Cookie spoke. Jamal slobered on Lucious's hand he was currently nibbling on. His eyes softened looking at him.

"So your saying I'm just aggressive all the time." He spoke quietly. Cookie sighed.

"Not at all baby. What I'm saying is your a stern father. I respect that." Cookie spoke handing Jamal to Lucious.

"That's all I know how to do." He muttered defeatedly.

"It's ok baby. You're not like that all the time. You just have your moments, that's all. You know I say something if you're doing to much. It's a tough world out here. You need a tough skin." Cookie added. Lucious nodded, a smile broke out on his face. Jamal started playing with his spit making weird noises.

"Plus if you must know. I for one love my tough daddy." She purred. He gave her smirk. She wiggled her eyebrows at him making him laugh. He pecked her lips.

"I love yo silly ass." He grinned.

Lucious put his arm on the back of Cookies chair pulling her closer to him. She made him feel 10 times better about the situation. Growing up for him was different. He had a crazy ass mother and a father who was tougher then a diamond.

He diddnt really get that lovey dovey shit he sees Cookie giving the boys. Hell he thinks it's even weirder when he picks that stuff up. More then normal he's found hiself spending that good fatherly time with Dre and Jamal. Taking Dre to the park and out for ice cream, or taking care of Jamal while Cookie slept. His nurturing side could use some work, but he's was doing way better.

Him and Cookie were still relatively new parents. Andre turns three next month. The age of three would be totally new for them. It was a learning experience. Each day they got better at it. Not even for Cookie did it come naturally. It was still a working progress, she just had a better nurturing ability.