1. A past with nothing

In the middle of the spring of 1862 in old Paris, a new member of an unknown family was born, like the rest of his family he had that characteristic reddish in his few newborn hair, and when he opened his eyes the strange yellow that only decorated the eyes of his mother now belonged to him, his looks were especial in most ways, almost like a little angel wrap in old dirty cloths and still cover in the blood of the birth, but even like that the lovely sigh didnt fade.

Although he was not born in the best time or in the best home, his family loved him deeply, maybe he didnt have the best things when he was a kid or has the best friends all the time, but he used to like it that way, was a life, with the tears and the smiles, with the life and death, with laughs and rages, but more important, all his life runs around the love of his family and everyone around him, but he can no longer remember them, or anything of the good and bad days when he was like you and me, because for every tragedy in his life, for everytime he has to fall and bleed from his wounds, everytime he was alone in the dark and feel like drowning, he became less human and more the monster he decided to be.

Being a poor family in old Paris did not help much in his first years, living in a huge family building with lots of families with the same problem, living in miserable conditions and barely subsisting for what they try, but still somehow they found time to do what families rarely do even this days, and was a way to be united, and that put a smile on the face of little Jason every day, because they had what other couldnt, a lovely father and a patient mother, an older brother always helping with his best smile, twins that put a laugh in everyone mouth with their misadventures, and of course the handsome little Red head, he won the admiration and envy of his friends soon, but his innocence never let him know before what was going on, because just as his family he only wanted to make everyone around him happy, so even when his mother died in childbirth of the fifth child, a little girl that never born, even though he was only a six years old trying to understand why his mother didnt wake up, he looked for a way to cheer up his family and not let it break so much, when he saw them frowning he did everything eh could to make them laugh again, when he saw them fighting he sistract them with the abilities his mother loved the most, so although his father and older brother with an already big difference try to fight most of the time, only one smile or a new sample of the talent Jason always had in the manual arts could stop any problem.

No doubt life was not easy, not for his family, his father was a poor craftsman who tried to make  a little extra money as toymaker in his spare time, his older brother a poor tailor who did not receive many customers for his unkempt appearance, a pair of trouble maker twins who spent their time working in the dangerous factories and flirting with the foreman's daughter, and finally himself, the youngest of all with a great talen to show and who left school at an early age to start working as soon as possible and finally give his family happiness.