Chapter 2

My one question for the world: 'Why is everything so complicated??' Seriously, why do I have to like a player? Why did that player have to be kicked out of his dorm a day after my roommate was expelled? I will never understand.

I was happily taking a long shower and scrubbing all the post workout grease out of my hair when I heard yelling. I ignored it, because the drama on my floor was heavy at the time. As I walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around me, Elvis burst into the room.

"Woah woah woah," he blurts, shielding his eyes. "Waaaay too much going on there!"

I giggle. "Don't you like it?" I tease, expecting a generic, 'ewwww'.

"No, I like it, but woah. Never expected this. Did you walk around like this when Johnny was in here?" He asks, jealousy seeping into his voice.

"No, I usually showered when he was out," I answer, wondering why he'd bother with such a stupid question. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Oh, yeah. Right. Well, as ya know, Johnny was kicked outta 'ere, so I was wonderin' if I could move in. Martia kicked me out," he blushes slightly.

Oh god. This isn't going to go well, but I don't have the self restraint to say no.

"Oh yeah. Sure. We can be roommates," I answer, careful not to show my true emotions too much.

"Great! I can obviously tell which bed is mine," he teases, eying my clothes strewn all over my bed.

"Yeah, I haven't had time to clean this place up yet," I mutter embarrassed, my cheeks turning red.

"Oh no, that's fine. It's actually adorable. I like my girls messy, if ya know what I mean," he says with a flash of something in his eyes, but it's gone too fast to make out what it was.

"I'm going to get dressed now," I blurt while grabbing clothes to put on. I walk quickly into the bathroom, where I shut the door and noiselessly sigh a giant sigh. I like Elvis and he's rooming with me. As I get dressed, I can hear him flipping through the channels on the TV looking for something to watch.

When I walk out, he is laying on my bed, but it has been cleared off. He must have cleaned it, because all the clothes are gone, and drawers are cracked open the slightest bit. I guess he did it while I was fantasizing over him in the bathroom.

"You wanna watch TV with me?" He inquires, hope glimmering in his eyes.

"Sure, I would love to," I respond, and climb into bed beside him. He wraps his strong arms around me, and I snuggle into him, laying my head on his chest and take the chance to listen to his heartbeat. 

He changed the channel to a horror movie, my favorite genre of movies. I love being scared. It's my passion. Every time I scream, he nudges me closer to him, planting a kiss on my head. I smile, knowing half the girls on campus would die to be in my place right now.

**************

That night, the first night with Elvis, we ended up sleeping in the same bed. I felt safe and truly happy for the first time since I arrived on campus. The next morning, I wake up to the sunlight pouring into the room. In our tired state last night, we must've forgotten to close the blinds. 

I untangle myself from Elvis and strip down to my underwear and bra, searching for an acceptable outfit to wear out. I hear a wolf whistle from behind me and I whip around, glaring at Elvis. 

"Lookin' good young lady,"  he sleepily drawls and I throw a pair of jean shorts at him.

"Don't you objectify me like that, or else you'll be looking for a dorm to stay in once again," I threaten and he chuckles.