Chapter 12

"What the heck??" I screech, and they both turn around. "What are you doing??"

"You said you didn't want to be with me anymore, so I brought her to my house. Easy as that," Elvis sneers.

"Ohhhhhh no you don't. This is MY house, and I bought it. So you and that pretty little girl of yours get out of my house before I call the cops," I respond, and Elvis grabs Adrianna's hand and runs out of the house.

Once outside I hear him tell her, "I never loved her baby. I was only using her. Don't you worry that pretty little head of yours. It's all right."

When he says that, I snap. I grab a gun and run outside and slap him as hard as I can. "IS THAT WHAT YOU DID?? USE ME?? USE ME LIKE YOUR MOM DID, LIKE THOMAS DID, LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DID?? YOU'RE A DISGRACE, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN CHEAT RIGHT. NOW LEAVE, BEFORE I PUMP YOUR GUTS FULL OF LED!!!" I then proceed to pull the gun out and point it at the both of them. "Now get out of here, before I do something that you deserve."

They both run to his car and swing the doors open and hop in. Elvis peels away before Adrianna can pull her door shut. Then she got what she deserved. She rolled out of the car, and then it happened. thunk

"OH MY GOD!!" I hear someone scream. Then I realize it was me. Before I know it, my feet are shooting me across the lawn to the edge of the street where Adrianna is laying on the road. In stead of the black asphalt, it is a rich red. In an instant, Elvis is right at my side.

"Oh my god, what did I do?? This wasn't me, was it? Oh god, this can't be happening. Can it?" And then he breaks down. Really breaks down. Shoulders shaking and everything. My first thought is to hug him and cuddle him, but I stopped myself. No way was I gonna hold the man who used me, and then cheated on me.

"Yes. This is happening. And is all your fault. Goodbye," I say, sharper than I intended.

"I'm sorry, Jane. I'm so sorry. I didn't want us to end up like this.  I loved you, I really did. And my parents loved you too. And no, I didn't use you. I was lying to comfort her. And, to tell you the truth, I never touched her. Yes, I kissed her, but I never touched her in that way. I didn't want to. She was the one who found me, actually. The one night I was out, we were both drunk, and she threw herself on me and started kissing me. I didn't know what to do. I didn't kiss her back, I promise," he added, after he saw the glare from me. "Me and her kinda hit it off that night, but what do I know? I was drunk and hit it off with everyone. After that night, she then proceeded to cling on to me and call me out in the hallways. I had to lay down some ground rules for her, but she never followed them. I was getting really agitated at her, and wanted to break it off with her because I felt so guilty. Then you got really suspicious that morning, and I was already extremely annoyed with Adrianna, because she wanted to think about marriage. Ha. Like I'd ever marry her. But anyway, she already had me really annoyed that morning and when you confronted me about it my guilt anger and annoyance all gave way and I snapped. I don't regret telling you, though. Even if it means we don't get back together. I couldn't live with keeping this secret from you. So, after hearing my story, can you forgive me? And get back together with me?"

"I'm so sorry, Elvis, but I can't just let this go. I'll have to process this. All of this. And that explanation doesn't cover up the fact that you cheated. I think we need to take a break for a while. Yes, you can stay in my house, but not in the same room as me. And there need to be some ground rules. No making any moves on me, my friends, or anyone else. That's goes for me too. The bathroom on the left side of the house by my bedroom is mine, and the one on the other side of the house is yours. NEVER enter my bathroom or room. I will make all meals unless we decide to order in. You get it?"

"Yes. I do. I promise," Elvis responds.

"Good. Now, get in my room for the last time and get your stuff and move it to your room. Hurry!" I say, and he darts to the house, but turns back.

He runs up in front of me and gives me a big kiss. "Thank you, Jane. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you can learn to forgive me," he says and runs up to the house. Before he gets in though, he trips and stumbles. When he steadies himself, he turns around and gives me a goofy lopsided grin and darts up the stairs. I can tell it's gonna be fun rooming with him when we're not together. With him being the goofball I know and love.

                 ——————————                             

"Goooood morning sleepyhead!" Elvis shouts in my face.

"I thought I made it clear you weren't supposed to ever step foot in here," I say.

"Yeah, you did, but I don't follow rules, now do I?" Elvis asks. "Oh yeah, and also, hurry up and get ready because breakfast is hot."

"You made BREAKFAST?!" I screeched.

"Yeah, so what?" Elvis asks nonchalantly, used to my raging already.

"I was supposed to make breakfast. Not you." I say back, annoyed already.

"Wow, you're SUCH a woman stereotype. Hey, wanna hear a joke?"

"Sure. Hit me."

"Wanna know why men get paid more?"

"Why?"

"Because they're the ones that actually have to SUPPORT the family," Elvis says. Ugh. What a stupid joke.

"Wanna know why women live longer?" I ask.

"Why?"

"Because the kitchen is where the knives are," I say, and jump out of my bed and attack him, pretending to stab him.

"Hey, I thought you said no making any moves!" Elvis exclaims.

"I wasn't making a move. I was making a statement," I respond, and push him away. "Plus, I gotta get ready. I'm visiting Mrs. Elizabeth today. Let her know how it went. She won't be too happy. She wanted me to tell you off and get rid of you. Ha. Like I could do that," I explain.

"Okay, but be careful. Don't die," he says, and picks me up and slams me on the bed, and pretends to slice me into little pieces.

"Ouch. That hurt. Like anyone would want me dead," I say after I push him off of me.

When I get into the car, I plan out what I'm going to say to Mrs. Elizabeth. How I'm going to tell her I couldn't let go of him.

Before I could plan fully what I wanted to say, Mrs. Elizabeth pops out of her house with a big smile on her face. "Jane! How are you doing? How did it go?"

"Um, actually-" I begin to explain, but Mrs. Elizabeth cuts me off.

"You didn't do it, did you? That's what I thought," she sighed.

"I tried, I really did. But then something really bad happened. Adrianna was getting in his car and he started to drive away and she fell out and got run over. It was horrifying. Elvis didn't know how to handle the situation, and broke down. I then proceeded to hold him and assure him it would be ok. We dealt with the situation, and I couldn't just leave him. I had to comfort him, and give him a place to stay. Preferably my house. So that's what happened," I retell.

"I can see why you let him stay in your house. You still love him. I understand. But what you should've done is told him off. That's what you were planning to do, right?" Mrs. Elizabeth inquires.

"Yeah, that was the original plan. I conjured up some ground rules, but he already broke all but one," I slyly say.

"And what is the one rule he is not allowed to break, may I ask?"

"No sexual intercourse allowed in the house," I blurt and run out of the house.

"Oh you! I'll get you someday my little one! Bye!" Mrs. Elizabeth shouts after me.

"Bye!" I shout back, getting in my car and driving away with a smile on my face. If only Evelyn was here to see me now.