Constable Neyla (Sly Cooper)

Constable Neyla
Sly Cooper

To my furry fans!

At what point in your life did you find yourself as a human in a anthropomorphic police station?

Humans and animals as been separated for decades, for fairly obvious reasons, and you hoped to be with the human team in Prague.

But alas, you found yourself in Paris, looking for a raccoon, with a fox constantly over your shoulder.

Coffee wasn't near enough to keep your nerves steady.

the drug trade, child auctions, counterfeiting, nothing was beyond your will to stop.

You were a cop before anything else.

You tried to lift the mood in your office with a bit of romantic music.

The romantic music just flows in the air.

Then, as the brash person she was, Carmelita all but broke your door down.

Carmelita: (Y/N)! I got you something.

You: Another petty theft case? Steal a candy bar?

Carmelita: No, smartass, a partner.

You: I don't need one.

You heard your door creak slightly, and saw your new partner.

She wore a red, embroidered hijab, as her pink fur shone through the dust and stuff of your office.

Neyla: Constable Neyla, nice to meet you.

You were unsure of Neyla at first, she didn't seem trustworthy, but you held her through many hard cases.

Like that shootout at the docks, where she broke down from the chaos.

You still remember what you told her as you bled from a wound on your arm.

You: Neyla! Look at me! What do you see!

Neyla looked at you, and realized that you had her back, as she did yours.

You always invited each other to your homes, jokes of life and questionably made 80's movies filled those nights.

You were pleased with all those memories.

Everything was steady, a smooth friendship.

Until the India case.

Some tiger was throwing a lavish party in India, and you were sent with Neyla and Carmelita to investigate possible illegal activity.

You wore a tuxedo, white jacket to avoid being basic, and Neyla wore a ornate, brown dress.

The night was something else, you were not used to so much fancy stuff in one place.

Neyla: Come taste the wine.

You: is it good?

Neyla: Superb.

You sipped the expensive wine, and found that it did indeed taste good.

You: Wow.

Neyla: care to dance?

You looked at the crowded dance floor, lined with armed guards.

You: Y'a know, I'm more of a terrace beneath the stars and small talk kind of man.

Neyla giggled.

Neyla: Lead the way, mister small talk.

You held Neyla's hand as you reached the terrace, which as you said was beneath the stars, bright and eternal.

Neyla: so, small talk, you first.

You smirked at your partner's sharp wit, which you always welcomed.

You: that music in there, real traditional, huh?

Neyla: beats those tunes you play in your office.

You: Hey! I believe in those love songs!

Neyla: Oh? So your a hopeless romantic with a badge? I swear your adorable.

You: God your an ass.

You both laughed.

You: But really, I believe those magic words, love is a beautiful thing, not much of it in our line of work, you know, constantly chasing scum and villains.

Neyla: Nothing is truly impossible to find, just hard to explain, especially in this day and age.

You: Yeah.....we got that in common, us of two worlds. We share that pursuit for that ever elusive emotion, locking us in a purgatory of constant chase, of constant pursuit of a unseen, unknown person, who holds the key to the salvation all living things seek.

Neyla was taken aback by your sudden, poetic charisma.

Neyla: But, as cops do, we tend to catch what we chase.

You didn't understand Neyla's insinuation.

You: Hm? I don't understand?

Neyla: You remember when we were at the docks, I was crying?

You: I still have that scar on my arm.

Neyla: Yes, but.....you asked me what I saw.....but I never answered.

You: What did you see?

Neyla put her hand on yours as you rested yours on the stone railing.

You: I saw.....I see the man I love looking at me.

Your heart stopped, that unknown burn in your chest seemed finally quenched with those words, she extinguished a painful flame in you.

You: You.....love me?

Neyla: I know it's no good! Our races! Our careers! But I don't care! I love you!

You held Neyla's arms.

You: And I you! I denied myself your heart as a officer, but it worths nothing if I can't have you! Let them fire me! Jail me in the darkest dungeon! My love for you knows no boundaries! God, I love you! More than the sun loves the moon! The sea the land! The grass the sky! Opposites they are but they do not doubt their love!

You both kissed each other, as the night sky gazed down.

Finally! In a world torn asunder by racism, professionalism, and crime, you found her! Your purgatory finally ended! She holds the key to your heart! As you do hers! No race or job matters to her! Breathe and know her love!

Your kiss lasted a eternity, and thank god eternity was so long, you wanted every moment with her, every sunset and sunrise, you wanted to see with her.

You let go of your lips, and gazed into the woman you loved.

You: You.....are the sweetest melody I have ever heard.

Neyla blushed as you held her in your arms, she nuzzled your chest as the quiet night stood high, moonlight gazing down on your sweet embrace.

After a few moments, you proceeded back down to the dance floor, Neyla on your arm.

Neyla: Where would I be without you?

You: Formulating a sinister plan to become a robot monstrosity?

Neyla laughed.

Neyla: You and those damned 80's movies.

You spent the entire evening with Neyla, and all was perfect, but you couldn't help but think you saw Carmelita's date somewhere before.....