Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

Requested by RWBYCheesecoffee
Yumeko Jabami
Kakegurui

Distrust, like the fine red armor of the Templar Knighthood, glimmered beautifully against your heart.

You made a habit of going from casino to casino, winning big and running fast, always a step ahead of the pit bosses.

From Las Vegas to Dubai, you won enough to retire years ago, but the thrill, that constant run of blood through your body in the moment of danger, it was your thrill, your heart, your soul, you lived for the thrill.

You arrived in Japan, and found yourself in a secret, exclusive casino high in the mountains.

From the moment you entered, you could feel the guards and cameras eye you vigorously, they knew who you were, and were eager to learn your secret.

Within the casino, all was as it always has been, Roulette tables, slot machines, and all the other money stealing games.

You took a seat at the blackjack table, and took your cards and eyed your opponents deeply.

All the same, old, foolish, and unaware of the deep financial loss that awaited them.

You were ready to pull your card, but just as you were going to.....

You saw her.

A red eyed, raven haired beauty, unlike the trash that is known in casinos, she sung a melody of deep beauty and Lovecraftian mystery. Oh how you wished to know her, to understand the rogue variable you have seen, not a simpleton with loss change, but like you, a thrill seeker who searched for the next table.

Woman: Is this table full?

The dealer let her in, and you adjusted your collar at this mystery player.

The woman sat next to you, her jacket grazing yours as she sat down.

Woman: You look familiar.

You: I'm deep in the gambling scene.

Woman: oh really? I'm Yumeko, could I ask your name?

You: (Y/N).

Yumeko: Oh, your the guy who cleaned out Caesar's Palace. They call you "Brutus" for that.

You laughed.

You: Of all the nicknames, that one sticks.

Yumeko: Well, you fit Brutus well, you have the air of ulterior motives and a body suited for the sword.

A waiter approached the table, and you both ordered exotic drinks.

You: My hands have only really held a set of cards, not a sword.

You both dealt your hands, and you won by a slight advantage in cards to Yumeko's.

Yumeko: But you still give off the air of a warrior, perhaps you were one in a past life?

You: One of the three hundred Spartans? Or a Winged Hussar?