Chapter 1

AN: This story is dedicated to Elmo Dork from Quotev. Hope you like it, dear (:

Cover in media made by: thearcticmukeys

"When's lunch?" I asked Ashton, my best friend, while I was stuffing random things in my locker. I pulled out a history book, and then closed my locker.

"It's after fourth period," Ashton answered, leaning against some lockers.

"I'm craving pizza right now." I rubbed my stomach and then licked my lips. Ashton laughed and shook his head. Suddenly someone bumped their shoulder against mine, causing me to drop my book.

"Watch where you're going, Clifford," hissed a voice. I don't even have to look up to recognize whose annoying voice it is.

"I'm not the one walking, Hemmings!" I snapped back. "You watch it!" He ignored me by talking with his friends.

God, stupid Hemmings. Luke Hemmings is his name. I don't know what his deal is, but ever since this school year started, he's been hating on me. The first thing he did was make fun of my hair, saying how it didn't fit me at all. I didn't care at first, but then he made fun of the clothes I wear. We literally have the same taste in style! Then as the school year continued on he'd just throw snarky comments at me, and it pisses me off so much.

"I am so ready for our one week break," I told Ashton as I picked my book up off the ground, and then we started heading to our first class.

"Same here," Ashton said. "A friend of mine and I are going on a road trip to travel around for a couple of days."

"Damn, you're lucky. I'm stuck at home by myself doing absolutely nothing."

"Well, my friend did say that I could bring a friend along, so... do you want to come with?"

"Hm, maybe. I'll think about it. Give you an answer at lunch." We walked into our classroom and took a seat in the back. "Do you have any idea where you guys are going?"

"Not a clue. We'll just be driving around. Hopefully we'll have plenty of money with us."

"And both of your parents are completely okay with you guys driving around."

Ashton nodded, pulling out a pencil from his backpack. "Yeah, they're totally cool with it. Ask your mom if you can go. If you could, then that'd make the trip a hundred times cooler!"

"Okay, I'll ask. I mean, a road trip? That sounds like it'll be fun." Our teacher, Mr. Yarnton, walked into the classroom, silencing the chattering students. His loud voice boomed throughout the room, telling us to take our textbooks and flip to some random page.

------

I absolutely hate my fourth period class. Why? Because that's the only class that I had with stupid Luke Hemmings. And also because it's English.

I don't know why, but the teacher, Mrs. Twist, thought it was a good idea to give the class a seating chart and make Luke sit right behind me. Behind me. I mean, wouldn't it have been better if he sat as far away from me as possible? If you could, Mrs. Twist, could you make Luke's seat in a shark tank? That'd be great.

Mrs. Twist gave the class a worksheet to work on. Something about Shakespeare, I guess.

I don't only hate this class because of Luke, but because English is the most difficult for me to keep a B grade.

"Hey, freak," Luke whispered behind me. God, this guy's getting on my nerves. I decided to ignore him and I continued working on the worksheet.

Why did Shakespeare write Hamlet?