Chapter 11

"Four bros," Calum said to the waitress, holding up three fingers before looking at his hand and then sticking up another finger. The waitress giggled before leading us to a table near the back of the restaurant. We all ordered water and the lady shot Calum a wink before walking off to get our drinks.

Ashton and I sat on one side while Luke and Calum were on the other side. Again, I was across from Calum. It'd be nice if we switched up the seats once in a while. Sitting next to and across from the same person over and over again is dull.

Once our drinks came by we all began looking through the menu to decide what we wanted to eat. I wasn't feeling hungry enough to eat an entire dish by myself, so Ashton offered to split his food with me. Awesome best friend he is, isn't he?

Calum suggested that he and Luke do the same, but Luke just shot him a glare and Calum didn't say anything about it after that. Poor Cal.

I gulped down my water so that way I wouldn't eat too much of the food Ashton and I were going to share.

Once we ordered our food there was this very awkward silence, and we couldn't come up with anything to talk about, so I just continued drinking my water.

"So, did anything happen when Calum and I went to get more snacks?" Ashton asked, looking between me and Luke.

Well, there's nothing I want to bring up. Not even that incident with that weird girl. I don't think Luke would want me to bring it up, anyway, because he got involved, and he wants nothing to do with me.

"Michael almost picked up a chick today, but failed miserably," Luke smirked. That son of a bitch... "That just proves how gay he is." What a fucking liar...

"Luke..." Calum warned. "Stop it." Luke just shrugged before picking up his glass and drinking out of it.

"That did not happen," I muttered, tapping my nail against my glass.

"Then what really happened?"

"There was a girl, yes. She was asking for some help from Luke, but he refused, because he knew she was actually trying to hit on him."

"Are you serious?" Ashton asked. "Wow, talk about a slut."

"On a scale from one to ten, how hot was she?" Calum asked, leaning forward against the table. He looked like he was seriously paying attention to the girl.

"Um, I don't know, an eight?" I answered.

"That's a B." Ashton frowned. "No wonder Luke didn't take up her offer. He's probably really picky with girls."

"He is," Calum sighed. "Every girl that goes up to him, he rejects them. If I didn't know him, I'd say he was gay."

"Calum, you know more than anyone else does that I am not gay," Luke growled, his fingers tightening around his glass. "I'm waiting for the perfect person to come. Those girls may have feelings for me, but I don't return them. If I dated them, then I'm just leading them on. It hurts to get rejected, but it hurts more to be with someone who doesn't like you back."

That's probably the wisest thing I've ever heard Luke say.

Wait... did he just say he was waiting for the perfect person to come? But... earlier didn't he tell that girl he has a girlfriend?

I don't want to ask him, though. He's just going to tell me to fuck off.

When the food arrived I didn't eat it that much. I probably had a bite or two, but then I decided that I wasn't too hungry. Calum was already stuffing his face, Ashton looked at me worriedly before eating the rest of the dish, and Luke was just pushing his food around.