Chapter 19

Calum begged Luke to grant him permission to bury him in the sand. At first Luke didn't want to, but after a lot of prodding and cheek-pulling he eventually gave in.

Ashton and I were just sitting on the towel, watching Calum began covering Luke's feet with sand. Ashton was eating most of the goldfish crackers, but I didn't care for any at the moment. I was too entertained by how eager Calum was to bury Luke.

"Calum is a strange one," I laughed.

"He kinda is, but I guess that's what makes him Calum," Ashton shrugged.

"You two are really close. I thought we were best friends." I pulled my knees up to my chest and began to feign a pout. Ashton scooted closer to me, draping his arm over my shoulder.

"We are best friends. It's just Calum planned this whole trip and I helped him plan it as well, so we kinda have to spend some time together to think of more ideas."

"I see..." I looked back at Luke and saw that he was wiggling under the sand, showing more of his body. Calum began to cover him up some more, but Luke would continue to do what he did before.

"The sun is in my eyes, Cal," I heard Luke say. "Can you shield them?" I saw Ashton stand up as he picked up his sunglasses that were on the beach towel. He walked over to Luke and slipped the shades on.

"Better?" he asked, earning a nod from Luke.

Five minutes later Calum had successfully buried Luke's entire body in sand. When two girls in bikinis walked by, Luke glanced up and nodded at them, saying, "'Sup?"

The girls giggled before continuing on their way.

"Your boyfriend's watching you, you know," Calum reminded. Honestly, I wasn't feeling that jealous. Besides, Luke gave me a pebble, not them.

"Mikey's not the jealous type," Ashton told him as if he read my mind. "It takes a lot to make Mikey jealous."

"Really?" Luke frowned. "Aw, then I won't see his protective side if I were to ever flirt with anyone."

"Luke, don't be a dick."

"I know, I know. Calum, can I please get out of here so I can go to my green bean?"

I laughed, "What? Green bean? That's your pet name for me?"

"It beats calling you puke hair."

I frowned and then turned away from him. "If that's meant to be funny, it's not."

Calum whacked Luke's head. "Idiot. You won't get the D that way. Now get out of the sand and go make up with Mikey!" Luke scurried out of the sand, sitting beside me.

"Babe?" Luke mumbled softly.

"Don't call me that."

"Mikey?"

"No."

"... Green bean?" I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Luke then smiled and threw his arms around me. "Yay! You looked at me!"

I turned away from him. "Weirdo."

"Want to walk with me?" he asked, pressing closer to me some more.

"To where?" I asked back.

"Just along the shore. Only the two of us." He stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Oh! Yeah, go away, you two!" Calum exclaimed, earning a glare from me and Luke. "N-Not that I want to get rid of you, no. It's just I have to tell Ashton something."

"I thought we finished planning everything?" Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"This has nothing to do with the trip."