Chapter 18

Somehow I ended up being next to Luke again while Calum and Ashton were ahead of us, chatting away about all the places they wanted to explore. Since the weather now was sunny they decided that after we explore around the city we'd go to the beach. Frist we'd return to the hotel, grab our beach stuff, and then head over there.

We were currently in a place where there were mutliple shops and Calum was pointing out a bunch of stores with useless knickknacks and then he'd drag Ashton inside with him, leaving me and Luke alone with each other.

When they were gone Luke would snuggle close to me. I'd just groan at how clingy he was, but I honestly didn't mind it at all; he's cute this way.

"Even when you're not insulting me you're still annoying," I told him when his arms snaked around me.

"I'm simply expressing my love, that's all," he said. "Do you know how long I've had to keep it in?"

"You had a strange way of showing it by being a douchebag to me."

"I'm horrible at expressing my feelings, I'm sorry. Punish me however you want to."

"I already punched you, and I've never punched anyone in my life. I'm pretty satisfied with that."

"Well, don't I feel special." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice and I laughed. I could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket and he pulled it out. I took the opportunity to look at the screan.

A message from Aleisha McDonald.

"What's that?" I asked, pretending I didn't know.

"A message from no one important," Luke grumbled, stuffing his phone back into his pocket. Well, at least he's ignoring her. Luke giving me all of his attention may be annoying, but I'd rather have that than have him talking to Aleisha.

She's okay, but not when when it comes to Luke. She acts like she owns him, which is something I'm not fine with now since now she's considered my rival. Well, not much of one, since Luke is apparently attracted to the Cliffoconda.

"Your hair is so fluffy," I heard Luke say.

"My hair was your least favorite part about me," I reminded. "You'd always tell me to shave my head, remember? It wasn't that long ago, Luke."

I saw him pout before he hid his face into my shoulder. "I hate me."

"I hate you, too," I deadpanned. Then his eyes looked into mine, hurt evident.

"What?" he asked, his voice cracking slightly. I began to panic as Luke just kept staring at me.

"No, no I don't!" Then his face showed anger.

"I should punish you just for that." He looked around before his hand darted for my wrist. He then dragged me away to wherever the hell he was taking me.

"Wait, Luke!" I began to protest. "Calum and Ashton will wonder where we are!"

"Forget them for now, will ya?" He brought me in between an alleyway and pulled me close to his body. "Right now it's just you and me."

"One minute you're a little kid and the next you're a seductive, dominant boyfriend. Pick one, Luke."

"I choose to be Mikey's penguin." My eyes flickered to his lips as he began to lean in.

"Not a choice, but okay." Our lips met and he brushed his hand through my hair.

"Is it weird that I want to eat your hair?" he asked when we pulled apart, earning a chuckle from me. "Fluffy like cotton candy."

"You can't eat my hair," I said. "I like my hair."

"Okay. Well, I guess I'll have to eat something else."