Chapter 8

"Mate, where the hell are we?"

"We'll be there soon, don't worry."

"I thought you said you knew where we were going?"

"I do."

"Okay, so where are we?"

"We are where we are."

"Oh, my God."

Calum got us lost.

I learned how to read a map, yet we still got lost. Calum has no bloody idea where we are.

I told him to take the exit before the one Calum took, but he insisted that this way was the best way.

Yeah, best way to get lost and die.

I tried to locate where we were, but there were no signs to help me with that.

I really wanted to ask Ashton for some help, but he was fast asleep. Luke was asleep as well, but even if he was awake I wouldn't ask him. Call me stubborn, but that's just how things work between us.

"Turn around, get back on the highway, and take that exit I told you to take," I ordered Calum, but he was still adamant about going this direction.

"Mikey, it's fine. I've seen the map," Calum tried to reassure, but it was far from reassuring.

"Pull the fuck over." Calum groaned and did just that. I handed him the map so he could figure out where we were.

"We're right here." He pointed to a spot and I looked down at it.

"That was the road I told you to take."

"Really?" His eyes went wide as he studied the map closer. "Oh, shit."

I facepalmed myself. God, Calum's such an idiot. And we've been driving on the wrong road for half an hour, making tons of lefts and rights.

"We're lost, aren't we?" I asked, slightly scared to hear the answer.

"... Yeah." We're so fucked.

"How are we going to break the news to the lads?" I asked, gesturing to Ashton and Luke.

"Let's just wait for them to wake up," Calum answered, "then we'll tell them. Can you find our location with the GPS on your phone?" I took my phone out and went to the Maps, but saw that there was no connection. We're lost with no way of calling for help. Great job, Calum.

"Nothing." Calum groaned and slammed his fist against the wheel, causing the horn to sound. Ashton jumped up, letting out a short surprise yelp. "He's awake now."

He looked around and cocked an eyebrow. "Where in the world are we?" Ashton asked. "Why did we stop?"

Calum bit his lower lip as he turned around in his seat. Then he opened his mouth to explain. "I may or may have not taken a wrong turn and got us lost."

"What?! See, this is the reason why I didn't want you driving! Switch with me."

"I thought you said it was because you didn't want us to crash?"

"That as well." Ashton removed his seatbelt and climbed out of the car, Calum doing the same. Once Ashton got into the driver seat he looked at me. "Let me see the map." I did as he said and he looked over it, mumbling to himself. "Okay, where are we supposed to go?"

"We were supposed to take this route," I said, pointing at the line that represented the road we were supposed to be on. "Calum passed it, and he made a bunch of turns, and now we've no idea where we are or how to get back onto the highway."