Chapter 4

I've no idea where we are, but as long as Calum knows then we're perfectly fine. I think.

We were six hours into the drive since our last stop, and we decided to stop by at a fast food restaurant to eat. There was a motel nearby, so we decided to crash there for the night.

After we ate at McDonald's, we went to the motel and asked to stay in two rooms for the night. The guy up front told us that each bedroom had two beds, so that worked with Calum's stupid buddy arrangement perfectly. Ashton paid for the rooms and he was given the keys for Room 136 and Room 138. We carried our bags and found the rooms. Ashton wanted Room 136, so he and I claimed that room.

"Luke and I'll take Room 138 then," Calum said, motioning Luke to follow. I hadn't looked at the idiot blond since I saw him glaring at me through my phone.

Honestly, the guy is so immature.

Ashton took the bed closest to the restroom, just in case he needed to pee overnight. I took the one closest to the window. It was a sliding glass door, but there was a fence that separated the person from falling to their death. We were only one floor above the ground and in the middle of nowhere, so the view wasn't much. Unless you're into watching cars drive on the highway, then this is the perfect bed for you.

"You gonna shower?" Ashton asked as he began to remove his shirt.

"Nah, I'll shower in the morning," I said. Ashton pulled out some pyjamas from his bag and shower supplies and headed into the bathroom. I set my bag at the end of the bed and began pulling out my pyjamas and my toothbrush and toothpaste. Then there was a rapping sound. I set my things on the bed and stood up to go to the door, but then I realized that the knocking wasn't coming from there.

"Ashton! Michael!" came a voice I recognized as Calum. It sounded as if it came from somewhere within the room. I spun around, and I just noticed that there was a door in between my and Ashton's beds. I approached the door and unlocked it. It suddenly swung open in my direction, and I jumped back. "Took ya long enough!" Calum said as he entered our room.

"Uh, hello," I said awkwardly. Before I could close the door Luke walked in, smashing something soft and gooey against my neck. My hand darted for where he had put it, and I touched it to see what it was.

Hair gel. That freaking dick.

I walked into the restroom, because Ashton always leaves it unlocked. I grabbed a towel and wiped the gel off of me.

I walked out and saw that Calum was sitting on Ashton's bed, looking through his things that were in his bag. "Batman. How interesting."

Luke, much to my dismay, was on my bed. If I told him it was mine he'd freak out how he needs to shower immediately to remove all the freak germs.

Hm, no, I'll let him figure it out. Time is all I need to get all the 'freak germs' on him.

I took a seat at a chair that was next to the dresser. Calum noticed that and frowned.

"Come sit with me!" he exclaimed. "Let's look through Ashton's things together!"

"Did you say something, Mikey?" Ashton called from the shower. Calum slapped his hand over his mouth, holding in a laugh.

"I said nothing!" I shouted back.

"What?"

"It's not important!"

"Huh?"

"Just take your damn shower!" Calum was snickering behind his hand, lying onto his back.

"Wait, be right back," he whispered as he stood up and crept into the bathroom. I don't know what that kid is going to do. I looked at Luke from the corner of my eye. He was tapping away on his phone and he was sitting with his legs crossed on my bed. He didn't seem to mind that he was on my bed.