Chapter 10

Luke gave me CPR?

What is this world coming to?

He was looking anywhere but at us. He had a sour look on his face, probably disgusted that he had to do CPR on me.

"Uh-"

"Shut it, freak," Luke snapped. "I had to. Calum and Ashton were in hysterics and were getting really annoying. I would've just sat there and watched you die." Then he stormed off, most likely going back to the campsite. "Don't even bring it up around me. Ever."

But if you would rather have me die, then what about earlier?

He says he hates me and would rather have me dead, yet he still saved my life.

"If only you saw what Luke was like when I pushed you," Calum said once Luke was gone.

I was a bit curious. "What was he like?"

"He looked panicked. Luke called me a fucktard and then told me how you couldn't swim." My eyes widened. Luke really said that to Calum? The fucktard part, I mean. "Then he was already jumping off the cliff and into the water. I got down from the cliff to see if you were okay, and I saw Luke dragging your body onto the sand. Once he set you down, he practically ran up to me and pinned me up against the wall, yelling at how big of an idiot I was.

"Then Ashton came by and started freaking out about how you weren't breathing and Luke went back to you to check if you were still alive. When he saw that you were, he-"

"I get it! I get it!" I interrupted, throwing my hands over my ears and not wanting to hear the rest. I rushed towards the water and began wiping my mouth.

"Luke just got you out of the water, and you're going back in again?!" Calum yelled. "C'mon, Mikey!"

We kissed. Oh, my God, we kissed. Luke Hemmings and I kissed.

But it wasn't for pleasurable reasons. It was to save my life, nothing else.

"That's rude, Mikey," Ashton said. "Luke just saved your life. I didn't see him do what you're doing right now either." I stopped and looked over at him.

"What?"

"He didn't clean his face. When he saw you were starting to grow conscious again, he just... I don't know, ran over to the wall like nothing happened."

I thought that was the first thing he did. What the hell? He must've forgot or something. He's an idiot, anyway.

"But besides that, I'm so glad you're okay!" Calum exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a tight hug. Then Ashton joined and I was being crushed by these two. Then they pulled away and began walking off. "Grab your stuff. We're going to go pack and get back on the road."

"Uh, okay..." I went over to the rock where my shirt and towel were, slung the two over my shoulder, and walked behind Calum and Ashton. Well, I was walking behind them before they stopped just to be by me. They were being all protective now, making sure I was okay. It was irritating me, but hey, friends worry for one another. I don't blame them. I did almost die before Luke came to the rescue.

I still can't believe he rescued me. And if what Calum said was true, about how Luke was like, then I don't know what kind of a messed up world I'm living in. Luke and I hate each other. A lot. If anything, he would've went at Calum's command.

I wouldn't know what had really happened, but I kind of wish I could see it. I wonder what Luke's panicked expression looks like. Did he really jump after me at his own will? How did his lips feel against mine?

Wait, what?

We reached the campsite and I saw that Luke was dressed in a Nirvana shirt, black skinny jeans, and black vans. His hair was to the side of his face, not in its usual quiff that he has it in all the time. He was carrying his things to the car, stuffing it in the trunk.