Chapter 9

... Wait, what?

"But... huh?" Then why did Luke tell me that? Oh, wait. He was just messing with me. He just wanted me to bring my stuff to the other tent and make a fool out of myself. Yeah, I'm glad Calum caught me before I actually did bring my stuff over.

I set my bag down and lied down on my side of the sheet that was laid out by Calum.

"But what?" Calum pressed, leaning forward. I just waved him off.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing." Calum sat down on the spot where he's sleeping at and rummaged through his bag. Then he pulled out a deck of cards. "Oh, my God..."

"Play. Now," he demanded.

"What if I don't want to play?"

"Then I will pull out my ropes and tie you up and tickle you until you give in and decide to play."

"Cal, what the fuck?"

"I was joking, I don't have any ropes. But I have to beat you!"

"You will one day, but not today. I'm tired."

"Technically, it's night."

"Shut up. Go sleep." I threw the covers over me, but they were immediately pulled off. "Fuck off, Calum!"

"Grouchy Mikey is grouchy," Calum said, using this annoying voice. I groaned and sat upright.

"One game. One fucking game of Egyptian Ratscrew."

"Yes!" God damn it, this guy. I lied down on my stomach as I watched Calum set up the game. I really don't want to play this game anymore, so I'll let him beat me just so he can get off my back about this.

-----

Why the fuck did I not stick to the plan?!

Calum's got three cards left and I have the rest of the stack. I could practically see his pride crumbling inside. I'm surprised he even has any left.

I know in his stack he has a jack, so maybe that'll have him win back his cards. As longs as I don't have any face cards once he puts his jack down.

Calum puts down his card, and it's the jack I was talking about.

Please, deck, put down a number!

Fuck you, queen.

Before Calum could put down his last number cards I slapped my hands over the pile and opened my mouth to speak. "Egyptian Ratscrew's a dumb game. Let's play Crazy Eight, yeah?"

Calum frowned. "I don't know how to play that."

"Okay, the rules of the game are pretty basic..." I began explaining the rules to him and even guided him through as we played the game. He seemed to like this game as well, but he was still a bit stuck in Egyptian Ratscrew since he kept slapping the cards. Silly Calum.

After fifteen he eventually started liking the game. He even got rid of his cards before I did.

"Yes!" he exclaimed a bit too loudly. I bet Ashton and Luke can hear him from the other tent. Well, these tents aren't sound proof, so of course any small noise they can hear.

"You must be pretty happy that you finally beat me, right?" I laughed. Calum nodded eagerly.

"I like this game!" he beamed, earning a chuckle from me. Then he squinted his eyes at me. "You didn't lose on purpose, did you?"

"No, I swear I didn't." I really didn't. He won all on his own. "Now, let's go to sleep. I'm dead tired." Calum nodded before burying himself under the sheets and within seconds he was already conked out. What the hell?