The beginning of it all (Chapter One)

The clinking of glass and the soft murmurs of the criminals was all part of The Phoenix Drop, a mafia hideout and club. From assassins to crime bosses, this club would have everyone you'd want in jail attending. Along with the human crime lords, Meifwa and Werewolves were also welcomed at the club, only adding onto the danger of being there. 

Tonight would be Wednesday, "Lucinda's Night", as the posters decorated on the club's cork board would advertise. From mission requests to wanted signs, the cork board was the hotspot for job offers and black market deals. Just as business worked in the club, the business run here would be the mafia's back-up to an absolute disaster. But in this time and place, who would imagine that sort of thing happening?

But just as the clock was striking close to 11pm, which would be the start of Lucinda's performance, the same routine every night before went as follows. As the care-taker of the club and the girl for your "take-care-of-this-person-for-me"'s, Katelyn walked into the club with her right-hand man following behind her, endlessly flirting and flirting with her. Yet he had his eyes on her, confidently going on and on about her,  his flushed face beat his confidence as he was easily shot back at in their game called "How long does it take for Katelyn to blow a fuse?". Though they bickered at nonsense and participated in little, they made a great team when it came up to the tough jobs. In general, they were almost perfect for each other. But it turned out only one of them thought that.

Katelyn would wave her light blue hair out of her face, half of it covering her bright blue eyes and the other half tucked behind her ear. Her wear at the moment, which would be a white dress shirt with a night-sky blue vest and tie which was tucked into a dark blue pencil skirt with black leggings and some flats, would be the outfit she often wore at the club and on her jobs. The only changing things would be the bandages lacing her knuckles and arms. As for Travis, his hair was lazily styled and lacked consistency. He wore a white dress shirt with a black vest and black dress pants. He often tripped in his black dress shoes, probably because he only wore them because Katelyn liked them.

But enough about the lovebirds, those at the bar, which would be Zane, Garroth and Nana, were an interesting bunch. Zane tended the bar, having his hair tied up in a messy man bun covering his right eye and wearing a black mask to cover the lower-half of his face. He wore a white dress shirt, black dress pants, a black vest, and a black apron to cover the lower-half of his body. Garroth on the other-hand, had blonde hair that was often styled to cover the right side of his forehead and show off his sky blue eyes. He often wore a faded blue dress shirt with light brown suspenders and a dark blue tie. Along with the usual dress pants and shoes, his wear made him look understated compared to his role as the heir to the Ro'Meave clan. Though he wasn't as ruthless as his father wanted him to be, he disregarded his father's wishes and pestered his little brother for only working the bar and not going on jobs like his. Zane didn't mind Garroth's weird way of showing he cared though. But lastly out of the three, there was Nana. Though Nana's stage name was Kawaii-Chan, she didn't like to perform too much, not liking the attention after leaving the Meifwa Mafia and discarding her role in the clan for Aphmau's. But besides performing rarely, she take care of most of the assassin jobs, using her cheery exterior as an advantage. Otherwise, she wore a white collared shirt with a dark blue sweater tucked into a slim, black pencil skirt and black leggings with black flats. 

She put her pink hair behind her ear, her soft yellow eyes gazing at Zane longingly. No one knew of her literal die-hard crush on Zane, no one but the highest crime lord in the club. Moreover, Ivy and Kim were the right-hand women of Lucinda. Kim and Ivy usually sat in the audience of her shows, Kim wearing a plain white collared shirt with a thin green bow and green suspenders connecting with black dress pants and contrasting her green glasses. Her thin brown eyes would squint at the crowd, her chocolate-brown hair with blonde streaks going through her hair. Ivy on the contrary wore her dark pink hair in a braid to her side, her piercing blue eyes contrasting her white dress shirt under a matching pink jacket and red tie with grey shorts and fishnet tights.