Loose Ends (Chapter Twenty-Three)

THIS CHAPTER FEATURES xxGeeky_Writersxx'S AND words_that_i_have's OCS!

Also, expect a Christmas Eve One-Shot featuring all of your favorite ships set Post-Season 6! Have a Happy Holidays!

-

Cadenza is dead. She's really dead. It's all my fault... I can't lie to him. Not anymore. But, what if he hates me? No, it's not what if. He's going to hate me.

~

It was morning when Aphmau heard the news. The walkie-talkies the guards had were pretty loud, anyway. She wasn't surprised to hear about Lucinda retaliating against her loose ends. What she didn't expect was that it'd be Cadenza. Laurance's sister? Wasn't he on her side? She had many questions, but for now, getting out of this prison cell was the only thing that mattered at the moment. She was going to be moved to solitary confinement the next day, so she had to make her escape now.

Just as she started to look around her cell for anything to help, Dante's steps echoed through the hall. This alerted Aphmau and she jumped into her bed to act like she was sleeping. He jingled the keys a little to act like he was opening the cell and her head shot up, facing a smiling Dante. She grunted and sat up in her bed, crossing her arms.

"What do you want, you two-timing son of a-."

"Calm it, hothead. I was just messing with you. Now, all jokes aside, I need your help in finding Gene."

Aphmau looked at Dante with a confused expression. She figured that he'd know that Gene was bound to the club, but maybe that wasn't the case. Maybe her absence has caused a loss of discipline...

"Well, I would say that he's always at the club, but I think you know something I don't."

"Right! So, if you were to think of the best way to imitate me and ruin my life, where would you be?"

Aphmau shook her head, a small laugh emitting from her lips. Could this guy be any stupider? Just as Aphmau wiped her eyes of stray tears from the laughter, she caught sight of two shadows down the hall with guns up coming towards them. She sighed and leaned back on the wall, deciding to answer his question.

"Do you think I'd know where Gene and Travis are? No. Because I'm in jail, dimwit."

Aphmau brushed off her hands as Dante sighed and noticed his mistake. He was so used to getting all the answers from Aphmau. But, that is what makes her brilliant. Just as he was about to stand up and leave, the swift cock of gun halted him.

"Let's not make this more complicating, alright?"

"We just need her and you can be on your way."

Dante frowned, complying with the intruders as one held a gun to him and the other unlocked the cell containing Aphmau. He noticed how she smiled a little when she saw who it was, which was strange. The last time she saw her with someone was at the Emerald Secret Trade. Is that Kai?

"Hey.. Kai Cho, is it? I don't think you or your friend here would like cops on your asses if you let her go. "

Kai looked at Dante as he picked the lock, frowning at Dante's memory.

"Ugh, just tase him. He won't do anything right now. He's looking for his brother and he needs them alive, from what I've heard."

Teony giggled, mumbling a quick 'sorry' and tasing Dante. He moved to the side, rolling on the floor as the strings of electricity hit the wall behind him. Kai and Aphmau started running as Teony shrugged at her lousy aim and followed, leaving Dante dumbfounded.