dear and sincere (Chapter Eighteen)

hehehe! Get ready for some major action! ^My new depressing song ; ) OTHER THAN THAT, THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING MY STORY plantkinq ON YOUR INSTAGRAM! It means SO much to me that you appreciate this book and sKSKSKS THANKS FOR CREATING SUCH AN AWESOME AU! The art above is by them! Their art is 👌  as you can see.

Also, in the beginning, Cadenza speaks like this and Melissa speaks like this.

~~

After Cadenza left the premises, she returned to Lucinda's uninhabited club to meet with Melissa. She was ready to strike Katelyn and Jeffrey at any time, upon Lucinda's request. The only thing that was different was that she wasn't ordered to kill them, just injure them whilst Aphmau was being held by the police. It would apply more pressure on the group and weaken them greatly. But right now, Melissa wanted to talk to Cadenza about her mission as well.

So, upon the darkness of the night, they went into the club and sat, pouring up some drinks and talking.

"So, you were assigned little blue and Jeff?"

Melissa teased Cadenza, sipping her drink and sighing. Cadenza furrowed her eyebrows and set her cup down, crossing her arms.

"It's Katelyn and Jeffrey, dimwit."

Cadenza snapped, frowning and narrowing her eyes at her colleague whilst she laughed. 

"But anyways, I wanted to talk to you about my target. I'm actually a bit worried about this."

Melissa propped her legs up on the bar counter and thought. Cadenza gave her a reassuring nod and signaled her to keep going whilst she chugged her drink down.

"She wanted me to hurt Aphmau!"

Melissa complained, crossing her arms whilst Cadenza choked on her drink, spitting some out in shock. Her eyes were wide in disbelief. Lucinda wouldn't do that for no reason. 

"Are you serious? If Aphmau is looked at the wrong way, she'll send you straight to Jupiter. You better be-."

"I'm trained. I've been my whole life. Plus, I'm older than Aaron and Lucinda. Of course she wants me to go after her." 

Melissa rested her chin in her palm, biting her lip while thinking about the challenge she's going to have to face again. She felt afraid of her job for once in her life. It wasn't that Aphmau would beat her. She had the upper-hand overall. The only thing she was afraid of was the force of her parents. 

"Hm. Well we'll see then! My money's on Aphmau, though." 

Cadenza poured herself some more to drink, an amused look on her face until she put her glass back on the counter. Melissa scoffed, narrowing her eyes and death staring her.

"But really, the thing is, we both got injure suspect, not kill suspect. That seems a little suspicious, hm?"

Cadenza proposed, crossing her arms and waiting for Melissa's response. After hearing that, Melissa pondered about it. Lucinda wouldn't do that for no reason. She had intentions. The only thing she was aware of, though, was that they'd be assigned at special times. When and where was unknown, still. The dark ambiance made her even more distressed.

"I-I agree. It's dangerous to have distrust for your recruiter, but she just gives off a bad feeling."

"Yeah. Well, atleast I got that off my chest. I can't handle that pressure. Remember the Phoenix Alliance? They'll hear about it if anything goes south."